Investment year in review.

Nomad

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

nobody on the RKT train with me? I'm grabbing some more this morning to push my total to 1,204 shares and will be a happy man when it hits $40 in a few months (or less)

it's not unusual to see an S curve after positive earnings - some of the cues that people worry about crushing earnings is:

• Crushing earnings is seen as bad planning/forecasting - indicates leadership doesn't understand their market/opportunity/business
  • Delivering a much higher than expected earning can be viewed as "emptying the tank" and not sustainable, so investors divest believing it is time to profit take, driving the price down, even if temporary.

If business is good and momentum continues you will see investors re-enter in short-term - (within 90-day window).

The street loves companies that have it right - like Goldilocks...not too hot, not too cold. Just right.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phade said:

it's not unusual to see an S curve after positive earnings - some of the cues that people worry about crushing earnings is:

• Crushing earnings is seen as bad planning/forecasting - indicates leadership doesn't understand their market/opportunity/business
  • Delivering a much higher than expected earning can be viewed as "emptying the tank" and not sustainable, so investors divest believing it is time to profit take, driving the price down, even if temporary.

If business is good and momentum continues you will see investors re-enter in short-term - (within 90-day window).

The street loves companies that have it right - like Goldilocks...not too hot, not too cold. Just right.

Great points. We are in the midst of epic time of buying house and people fleeing NYC also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 9:11 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

nobody on the RKT train with me? I'm grabbing some more this morning to push my total to 1,204 shares and will be a happy man when it hits $40 in a few months (or less)

Finally RKT trying to make a run. up 4% so far today.

Tesla was overpriced at $300–before the split. It’s a pure fantasy play running entirely on momentum, FOMO, and cult status. More like bitcoin than a real stock. Obviously that has worked well for holders, for years now. So of course I wish I had some, but I couldn’t bring myself to buy it.

I’m 99.5% index funds. Always buying, never selling, and when stocks tank like in March I stretch to buy more. So for me this year has had great returns.

The .5% I tend to play with does well initially and then I detonate it inevitably doing something such as long on a FOMO stock via a call option the week before covid kills the stock market like it did six months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesla was overpriced at $300–before the split. It’s a pure fantasy play running entirely on momentum, FOMO, and cult status. More like bitcoin than a real stock. Obviously that has worked well for holders, for years now. So of course I wish I had some, but I couldn’t bring myself to buy it.

I’m 99.5% index funds. Always buying, never selling, and when stocks tank like in March I stretch to buy more. So for me this year has had great returns.

The .5% I tend to play with does well initially and then I detonate it inevitably doing something such as long on a FOMO stock via a call option the week before covid kills the stock market like it did six months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought and sold it 3 times for amazing gains. But I missed this last dip. $330 was the buy. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

opening at $120 right?

120- I wish !!!  Never seen an IPO increase so much prior to release. The rich got richer today, I bought in as soon as it opened at 245, sold at 300. Bought back in at 240, set to sell at 300 again.  I can see a big correction coming, not sure when though. 

• Like 1

120- I wish !!!  Never seen an IPO increase so much prior to release. The rich got richer today, I bought in as soon as it opened at 245, sold at 300. Bought back in at 240, set to sell at 300 again.  I can see a big correction coming, not sure when though. 

Who got the $120 though? Employees and others who qualified to buy at ipo price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1