Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

As I walked from the stand this cold morning I shake my head in disgust this is the slowest and worst season in my hunting life 4o is like a ghost town the woods are empty as well as the freezer the amount of bucks I have seen can be counted on one hand and that is bow season included no doe tags for the hunters unless you own 50 plus acres so the 1000 acres I can hunt on I cant even shot a big doe and the land owners dont hunt so all these does will be there again and again the only good thing about the end of gun season is NOW the does will get some lead in there diet and Im going to fill every tag I can it is sad that it comes down to this but with the economy as it is there needs to be meat in the freezer there hehehe so good luck to all and get ye ol smoke pole out and give them he#$

Good luck brother..hope there was no almost couldas yer gonna regret

Well I coulda taken a doe on opening day. I Don't regret it. I figured there would be many floating. There were tons on my trail cam but just not this weekend. Theres always a chance to fill my reg season buck tag, and bow tag next weekend with either sex. Hopefully they will calm down and come out if hiding.

Ya baby can't wait for tomorrow AM ! took deer first time I went out in bow, opening day of gun (and the next) now its opening day of ML....

My spot has been left alone for the last 10 days or so too.

But a 89y/o Dad in ICU will show you what really matters......

I'm sad to say, I apparently missed a buck today. A 4 point with no brow tines. Probably 2 years old. he was following 2 does. I rushed the shot because I was in an awkward position, my sabot hit 2 twig/briars. No blood, no hair. I'm confident it was a clean miss. the neighbor will be out tomorrow w/ the muzzle and offered to double check. This buck came up behind me during bow. I used the lightfield hybreds hoping they wouldn't be affected by the brush. I need to start using the irons in the thick stuff or shoot with both eyes open. The slug hit a small tree behind him. This is exactly where the "Elmer Fudd" comes from. Oh well.