2011 Harvest thread

WNYBuckHunter

So- participated in some deer drives with the neighbors on their land. Pushed a doe, a fawn, and 2 yearling bucks out. No shots fired. Saw this nice rub. 6 of us were standing there strategizing for the next section when a doe and fawn came trotting by at 50 yards. None of us were ready, so they kept going. A couple minutes later this ill-fated buck came across an open field following the doe, hesitated a minute, and then stepped through a hedgerow and stopped in the open at 50 yards. 2 guys were kneeling and ready to shoot, one guy was standing and ready, and the other 3 just watched. You know the rest of the story. One of my neighbors was determined to have made the fatal shot. A really big bodied 3yr old. Maybe 175-180 dressed? The size of his (insert your preferred term for testicles here) really shocked everyone. Normally I don't pay any attention, but these were picture worthy (sorry ladies) . They were so big that the hair was worn off the inside of both of his legs. Everything appeared normal otherwise. I think they were slowing him down though.

post-50-0-89147700-1322513604_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-91613600-1322513652_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-32547700-1322513675_thumb.jpg

Edited by sampotter

Is that Elmer Fudd's shotgun? lol. Never participated in a deer drive and never would.

Don't blame you. I can't say they are my favorite way. I get recruited to go with these guys because more than half of them are in their 70s and can't get around well. I sure don't bring them to any of my spots either. I don't know how they expect to see any deer the rest of the season now without pushing them out.

Don't blame you. I can't say they are my favorite way. I get recruited to go with these guys because more than half of them are in their 70s and can't get around well. I sure don't bring them to any of my spots either. I don't know how they expect to see any deer the rest of the season now without pushing them out.

I also have a group that I get together with and drive deer on occasion... they are close friends and we have some good hunts in the adirondacks...driving deer is certainly my least favorite way to hunt deer, but it is a great way for me to share time in the woods on occasion with some great friends. we have some safety rules for hunting that way and all the guys abide by them.. one being that we always where blaze orange.

I gotta ask is he mounting the balls!! lol

Also gotta add that there is nothing wrong with some deer drives when done with safe hunters. I started hunting in the Adirondacks and they still hunted and drove deer. They looked at you like you were retarded if you told them you were sitting in a treestand all day. To each there own. I enjoy still hunting, sitting on watch, spot and stalk and drives.