2011 Harvest thread

WNYBuckHunter

Congrats New York Hunter, that's a nice buck. Are you hunting the West side or East?, not that it matters much as they cross the river with ease. I've had my trail cam out, and hunt on the east side, have seen a few nice bucks, but no giants. I've been hunting the park for 3 years now. I go deep and stay all day on many hunts, but have yet to get a shot at a shooter (in my book is 120 ish and up). I find there are many factors that make this a challenging place to hunt, so I tip my hat to you.

sunday october 30th 2011 8 point buck i shot in an old apple orchard out of my favorite stand the buck came into about 25 yards i just missed the spine double lung shot the broad head stuck in the opposite shoulder and the buck dropped right where i shot him. i got him in 8m near letchworth. post-1581-0-44526700-1320241841_thumb.jp

Edited by shawn

Awesome buck shawn...Those spine shots sure save the tracking job!!!!

Genesee..... I hunt mostly on the west side and alot of my time is spent around the hogsback!! To say sometimes things get interesting hunting the river bottom is an understatement!!! You know what its like as you have some of the best hunting in ny right in yur backyard. I really like the look on the east side as its much larger and more like big woods hunting!!! I have been hunting the park for like 17 years and i have learned what those whitetails will do to survive the hunting season.Sometimes its almost unfair to the deer where i have learned to put stands. I have had upwards of 30 deer in front of me on that riverbottom at times and unreal to just sit there and watch what they do.Most places i see them they just bed down and listen to all the bangin goin on around them... It would take either a fool or a couple young gun hunters full of piss and viniger to shoot a doe or small buck in those places..But they are there for the taking thats for sure!!!!! Good luck on the park this year...We may cross paths sometime and not even know it!!!!

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

I didn't shoot it. A good buddy of mine did. I'm havin a hard time finding time to get in the woods this year. Novembers here tho. Being self-employed does has it's advantages come deer season lol. Not bad for Greene County. The good thing is the AR passed for this WMU so these should get a little more common. Good luck guys..

I was on the ground hunting the edge of a small secluded field, and it was just before dusk when this guy busted out into the field. He had his face to the ground in-search of a doe. I ranged him at 35 yards, and waited for him to come into my shooting lane. The rest is in the picture. To think I almost didn't go out for the evening hunt. 14 points, Green scored 183 3/8 and dressed out at 210.

Rediculous.jpg

• Like 1