What watch to get as a wedding present

Marion

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

This is the Hublot I'm seriously considering. Hoping to go to one of their boutiques to check it out in the next week or two https://www.hublot.com/en/collection/classic-fusion/classic-fusion-titanium-opalin-45

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Industrial simplicity. Elegant. I like it. 

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

This is the Hublot I'm seriously considering. Hoping to go to one of their boutiques to check it out in the next week or two https://www.hublot.com/en/collection/classic-fusion/classic-fusion-titanium-opalin-45

I'm waiting to pick up the Rollie I suggested. Can't wait. 

Industrial simplicity. Elegant. I like it. 
I find the true beauty in the clean simplicity. Plus the white face and clean lines allow it to be dressed up or down. Good for anything from a wedding to a funeral to working out at the gym in sweatpants and a t-shirt

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That waterfall and the 2nd pool are nice! Love that waterfall. Hell I'd be happy with a little inflatable kiddie pool to just cool off in

The beauty is, I had the time even when working to use my above ground 10 times more then either of the nephews get  to use theirs . Although it’s nice to visit them .... 

• Like 1

The beauty is, I had the time even when working to use my above ground 10 times more then either of the nephews get  to use theirs . Although it’s nice to visit them .... 
That's always the catch 22. It seems those that can afford a half million dollar plus pool even those pools that are 100k, the more expensive the pool likely the more you are working and never really get to enjoy it yourself. Though I'd hope that your family would be able to enjoy your hard work which isn't that what it's all about? Providing for your loved ones and sacrificing to give them a better life? My parents did it for us, and I hope to be able to provide my future kids the same opportunities if not even more than my parents were able to provide me

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That's always the catch 22. It seems those that can afford a half million dollar plus pool even those pools that are 100k, the more expensive the pool likely the more you are working and never really get to enjoy it yourself. Though I'd hope that your family would be able to enjoy your hard work which isn't that what it's all about? Providing for your loved ones and sacrificing to give them a better life? My parents did it for us, and I hope to be able to provide my future kids the same opportunities if not even more than my parents were able to provide me

The best thing you can give your future kids is your time .

• Like 5

The best thing you can give your future kids is your time .
Oh I don't disagree with that one bit! Money can buy many things in this world. But time is the one thing nobody can buy and it's always running out. Especially with younger kids they don't care for material things, they just want to be close to those they care about. Then they turn into teenagers and want to suck your wallet dry

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

The only reasonable thing to do is to judge a man based on what brand of bow they shoot ,I found that to usually be a good indication of one's true identity. 

very good point. If you don't shoot a matthews you for sure are closer to a caveman than a homosapien. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Also I'm speaking that the pool along with everything else as well. The stone work, the landscaping, etc.

house we bought when we moved back has a nice inground. kidney shaped, deep end, not too big, not too small. Basic landscaping and a heater. The fence was older post and chickenwire and we just replaced it this fall. with taller semiprivate vinyl on one side and aluminum in the back. Just the fence itself was $7k and we got a deal... You can see how these things grow in price, but I agree that $400k is a little insane and seems very high. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Belo said:

house we bought when we moved back has a nice inground. kidney shaped, deep end, not too big, not too small. Basic landscaping and a heater. The fence was older post and chickenwire and we just replaced it this fall. with taller semiprivate vinyl on one side and aluminum in the back. Just the fence itself was $7k and we got a deal... You can see how these things grow in price, but I agree that $400k is a little insane and seems very high. 

Once you throw in the pool house, outdoor kitchen etc you can get to $400k. I DO NOT KNOW this from experience. I have a modest inground pool that no one swims in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have friends and neighbors who have put in some pretty extensive/involved inground pools this last summer and both with landscaping, concrete/stonework, fire pit have run on the 120,000 neighborhood.

I myself have opted for the above ground since@Moho81 has caused me to be neck deep in a current renovation project! 2611f80f019ee2e8fe5c580a578821ff.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have friends and neighbors who have put in some pretty extensive/involved inground pools this last summer and both with landscaping, concrete/stonework, fire pit have run on the 120,000 neighborhood.

I myself have opted for the above ground since[mention=7992]Moho81[/mention] has caused me to be neck deep in a current renovation project! 2611f80f019ee2e8fe5c580a578821ff.jpg&key=2105c92eba762df13c04e63e29b84346ef2bd7913b9e4f7656f545d7f7b609d3

You can thank me in about 20 years when the boys are grown and out of the house. No one will be using the pool and all you have to do is take it down and scrap it at the junk yard. Don’t have to worry about filling in and getting rid of $120,000 worth of stuff.

Toss a hot tub on the beautiful patio for you and the wife and call it a day.

You’re welcome. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Once you throw in the pool house, outdoor kitchen etc you can get to $400k. I DO NOT KNOW this from experience. I have a modest inground pool that no one swims in
That's because you'd have to shovel off the snow from the pool deck first so you don't slip

• Like 1

You can thank me in about 20 years when the boys are grown and out of the house. No one will be using the pool and all you have to do is take it down and scrap it at the junk yard. Don’t have to worry about filling in and getting rid of $120,000 worth of stuff.

Toss a hot tub on the beautiful patio for you and the wife and call it a day.

You’re welcome. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are so right!

All my neighbors beg us to swim in their inground pools since they are never used once the kids leave the house!

• Like 1

You are so right!

All my neighbors beg us to swim in their inground pools since they are never used once the kids leave the house!

That's the best situation. Neighbors with pools! Especially when they invite you over often

• Like 1

I myself have opted for the above ground since[mention=7992]Moho81[/mention] has caused me to be neck deep in a current renovation project! 2611f80f019ee2e8fe5c580a578821ff.jpg&key=2105c92eba762df13c04e63e29b84346ef2bd7913b9e4f7656f545d7f7b609d3

Ceiling fan in that covered porch? Poker night at your house in June!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ceiling fan in that covered porch? Poker night at your house in June!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Like I said....@Moho hooked up the design on this beauty for me. Fan box was installed by the electrician Sunday! Cards is go for June....also doubled as my covered shooting platform for archery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

my parents weren't rich and they weren't poor. I hope to do better, but i'm very careful about it. Most of my hard work and the success in my career comes from the need to work hard for everything. My kids will need that edge and at the same time I'm hoping they dont have to wash dishes while in college. But your ass better be working in the summer kind of thing.

I love that my kids and wife can have nicer things and that we have the home and opportunities we do. I get way more out of that then the stuff I buy myself. I'll add though... I subscribe to you only live once, so i'm not hoarding my earnings to be handed down either haha.

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

i have 3 boys under 7. We use the piss out of the pool, so I dont mind the upkeep. There will come a day no doubt though that for just the wife and I it'll feel like too much work. 

• Like 1