What watch to get as a wedding present

Marion

39 minutes ago, Belo said:

that's why i never judge anyone I meet based on appearance. Some dont care, others will go into debt for it. It almost always means nothing, but those that really have wealth tend to be the ones that flaunt and talk about it the least. If you hear a guy throwing out salary and cars, he doesn't have shit in my experience... or a small fishing hook.

That reminds me of a job I was doing a job in what’s considered “ High End “ neighborhood for our region. They had a $100k  pool going in , $300k worth of landscape and 4 car garage loaded with sports cars. I went in the house and they had lawn furniture and paper plates . I had no shame on asking if they just moved in . 
It was what they could show the neighborhood. 

That reminds me of a job I was doing a job in what’s considered “ High End “ neighborhood for our region. They had a $100k  pool going in , $300k worth of landscape and 4 car garage loaded with sports cars. I went in the house and they had lawn furniture and paper plates . I had no shame on asking if they just moved in . 
It was what they could show the neighborhood. 
Holy smokes that's insane! But did they just move in or in the process of trying to sell? Or in between new furniture? Or that was their every day stuff?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Holy smokes that's insane! But did they just move in or in the process of trying to sell? Or in between new furniture? Or that was their every day stuff?

They said no they have been living there for awhile. Who knows if they were getting new furniture and dishes. 
Another house I was at the outside was beautiful. Inside had piles of clothes laying all over the place and place smelled like sh$t .

They said no they have been living there for awhile. Who knows if they were getting new furniture and dishes. 
Another house I was at the outside was beautiful. Inside had piles of clothes laying all over the place and place smelled like sh$t .
Wild. I wonder if any of these places are people trying to flip the property or they just live like animals (the one with the stinky clothes and smelly inside)

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Wild. I wonder if any of these places are people trying to flip the property or they just live like animals (the one with the stinky clothes and smelly inside)

I think it more about trying to keep up with the Jones . 

• Like 3

I think it more about trying to keep up with the Jones . 
The issue with that is there will always be someone with more than you. The sooner people stop trying to compare to others they happier they'll be

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

The issue with that is there will always be someone with more than you. The sooner people stop trying to compare to others they happier they'll be

It ain’t a competition.   Some of the happiest people I know don’t have much for assets, but are rich in much more important ways. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Well with $400k in landscaping and pool, the Jones are living large.  Lol

400k is normal if your getting the works. Pools, hardscape , irrigation , new lawn , pergola, and whatever else. It’s crazy what people drop and it’s covered by snow half the year lol. Almost as crazy as 7k for something covered by a sleeve but to each their own...

• Like 3

It turns out that my BIL is into watches now....same guy who was once into wines and cigars once and bought a fly rod after watching A River Runs Through It(went once, filled his waders and never returned)....would have had a Pet Rock if he was older in the 80s. He also starts every other sentence with, “Let me tell you something...” Guess what he drives....not a Lexus...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It turns out that my BIL is into watches now....same guy who was once into wines and cigars once and bought a fly rod after watching A River Runs Through It(went once, filled his waders and never returned)....would have had a Pet Rock if he was older in the 80s. He also starts every other sentence with, “Let me tell you something...” Guess what he drives....not a Lexus...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hingham? He probably has that OBJ watch for everyday wearing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

400k is normal if your getting the works. Pools, hardscape , irrigation , new lawn , pergola, and whatever else. It’s crazy what people drop and it’s covered by snow half the year lol. Almost as crazy as 7k for something covered by a sleeve but to each their own...
Well for a pool over down here depending on what you're looking for can start easily at 400k on up. But we don't get nearly the snow you guys get so I'd say it's an easier pill to swallow down here. And nah I plan on rolling my sleeves up constantly

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Well for a pool over down here depending on what you're looking for can start easily at 400k on up. But we don't get nearly the snow you guys get so I'd say it's an easier pill to swallow down here. And nah I plan on rolling my sleeves up constantly emoji6.png

It cost more to dig a hole and put concrete in it then it does 6 hours away ? That doesn't strike anybody on that side of the state as odd? 

It cost more to dig a hole and put concrete in it then it does 6 hours away ? That doesn't strike anybody on that side of the state as odd? 
It depends on the size and layout you want. Obviously digging the hole part is assume is the easy and cheap part of the whole thing. It's all the extra crap people do. A run of the mill plain pool is easy and probably the same any pool in the North East is going to be expensive regardless. It all depends on how much money one has to burn and what they want

Pools like watches run the gamut in price , here’s my little above ground, one nephews basic built in and another’s with waterfall, outdoor kitchen etc .
6713728C-D22C-44E7-8368-163701B05994.thumb.png.a84d434872301a940185f7193879e7a4.png
3369206E-8318-4D53-A6A4-D49A50FCDD73.thumb.png.d2143cbfdf3313e6553200a161be5adb.png
F575B0A1-EE87-4241-ABC8-AE9D59708BB1.thumb.jpeg.22a43f918b5c68cf06977740bed662cc.jpeg
That waterfall and the 2nd pool are nice! Love that waterfall. Hell I'd be happy with a little inflatable kiddie pool to just cool off in

Sry just joining this. Didn't read the whole thread so if this was already mentioned, forgive me. Not sure if you prefer a bracelet or a strap. I like Bracelets. 3 things I collect: guns, fishing rods and watches. 

My suggestions:

Low end - Movado Museum Classic. Two tone; black face(classic); 40 mm;  office, golf course, dinner

https://www.movado.com/us/en/shop-watches/museum-classic-0607200.html

Higher end - Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16. Stainless, blue face (very trendy); 41 mm

https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/watches/tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-16-automatic-chronograph-41-mm-cbk2115-ba0715

A bit more - Breitling Navitimer 41. Stainless, black face, 41 mm

https://www.breitling.com/us-en/watches/navitimer/chronograph-41/A13324121B1A1/

Way over the budget - Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 

https://www.rolex.com/watches/cosmograph-daytona/m116503-0004.html

If you want something higher end than that check out Hublot. 

Sry just joining this. Didn't read the whole thread so if this was already mentioned, forgive me. Not sure if you prefer a bracelet or a strap. I like Bracelets. 3 things I collect: guns, fishing rods and watches. 
My suggestions:
Low end - Movado Museum Classic. Two tone; black face(classic); 40 mm;  office, golf course, dinner
https://www.movado.com/us/en/shop-watches/museum-classic-0607200.html
Higher end - Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16. Stainless, blue face (very trendy); 41 mm
https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/watches/tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-16-automatic-chronograph-41-mm-cbk2115-ba0715
A bit more - Breitling Navitimer 41. Stainless, black face, 41 mm
https://www.breitling.com/us-en/watches/navitimer/chronograph-41/A13324121B1A1/
Way over the budget - Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 
https://www.rolex.com/watches/cosmograph-daytona/m116503-0004.html
If you want something higher end than that check out Hublot. 

This is the Hublot I'm seriously considering. Hoping to go to one of their boutiques to check it out in the next week or two https://www.hublot.com/en/collection/classic-fusion/classic-fusion-titanium-opalin-45