What watch to get as a wedding present

Marion

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Oh it can be had sub $5k easily. And I'm sure even less than online prices if you "have a guy"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Some want something that screams for attention.  I think that is a perfect do everything watch and nicely understated.   BUT IT WILL NOT WORK WITH A WHITE BELT.  

• Like 1

I like that watch!
I call dibs first! You can get it in one of the other color ways. I find it's quite elegant. The alligator skin in black allows it to be a fancy dress watch, the silicone underband allows it to be more casual and a clean white face just ties it all together in terms of versatility. I just wish I could get a metal band just in case. But we shall see. Before I do anything want to see it in person and look at some other comps for sure. I figure it can be my one watch to rule them all much the same way when I bought my Weatherby. It can be the one that handles everything and I'll never have to upgrade or add, but if I decide to add that's always cool too

• Like 1

Some want something that screams for attention.  I think that is a perfect do everything watch and nicely understated.   BUT IT WILL NOT WORK WITH A WHITE BELT.  
That's the exact reason why it really speaks to me. People that know watches will know it and those that don't won't and can admire it for being just a nice clean timepiece that only I and those that know will know it's value which to me is perfect

8 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That's the exact reason why it really speaks to me. People that know watches will know it and those that don't won't and can admire it for being just a nice clean timepiece that only I and those that know will know it's value which to me is perfect

Its the same with my limited edition Oris.  Some might say, I like your watch, but have no clue what it is.  Very few will know what it is but I prefer it that way.  Mine is a bit more casual but that's me frankly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Very few know one of my watches from the other , neither of my sisters or their families know what I own . Speaking of Casio my brother in-law , three homes in three states , new Vette every couple, years , 40k into his train set ..... bought five Casio’s on eBay as they discontinued his favorite watch so he stocked up .

Blue jeans ,colored T with pocket ,New Balance , and Casio , you’d never know .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Very few know one of my watches from the other , neither of my sisters or their families no what I own . Speaking of Casio my brother in-law , three homes in three states , new Vette every couple, years , 40k into his train set ..... bought five Casio’s on eBay as they discontinued his favorite watch so he stocked up .
But does jomashop still cover the original factory warranty? On Rolex forum they apparently do not come with the 5 year factory warranty if bought on joma or similar site. I figure if that's the route I go I can talk to the timepiece guy and bounce his numbers off online pricing and see where we go

I bought this Rolex years ago when I thought I couldn't live without one. Turns out to be the biggest "Buyers Remorse" I ever had. Fancy watches just aren't practical for everyday use imo. I like my Timex Indiglo….at least I can see what time it is when I'm sitting in my tree stand. But if you have a few grand laying around for new watches , go for it. You only live once. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

1135904723_IMG_5620(1).thumb.JPG.852561a505c26f82afc1b8565249499a.JPG

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Very few know one of my watches from the other , neither of my sisters or their families know what I own . Speaking of Casio my brother in-law , three homes in three states , new Vette every couple, years , 40k into his train set ..... bought five Casio’s on eBay as they discontinued his favorite watch so he stocked up .

that's why i never judge anyone I meet based on appearance. Some dont care, others will go into debt for it. It almost always means nothing, but those that really have wealth tend to be the ones that flaunt and talk about it the least. If you hear a guy throwing out salary and cars, he doesn't have shit in my experience... or a small fishing hook.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cmon - you own a white belt Biz.  Either you love fashion or are an 85 year old shuffleboard player in Naples.

Or he likes men in a romantic way. Those are usually the only reasons to have a white belt. Seeing as he said he doesn't love fashion that leaves only 2 options

I bought a black golf belt. It’s reversible with a white side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Belo said:

that's why i never judge anyone I meet based on appearance. Some dont care, others will go into debt for it. It almost always means nothing, but those that really have wealth tend to be the ones that flaunt and talk about it the least. If you hear a guy throwing out salary and cars, he doesn't have shit in my experience... or a small fishing hook.

The only reasonable thing to do is to judge a man based on what brand of bow they shoot ,I found that to usually be a good indication of one's true identity. 

• Like 2

I bought this Rolex years ago when I thought I couldn't live without one. Turns out to be the biggest "Buyers Remorse" I ever had. Fancy watches just aren't practical for everyday use imo. I like my Timex Indiglo….at least I can see what time it is when I'm sitting in my tree stand. But if you have a few grand laying around for new watches , go for it. You only live once. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
1135904723_IMG_5620(1).thumb.JPG.852561a505c26f82afc1b8565249499a.JPG

Oooo fancy. Yeah a gold face may be a little too formal depending on what one does for a living. And thanks!

That's why I don't like things too gaudy. IMHO simple well executed with just a touch of eccentricity is ideal for me. Plus it's also far more versatile for use depending on occasion.