What watch to get as a wedding present

Marion

I would say Rolex but can you get one within that price range? They are the standard to go by otherwise.

You can but there kinds fugly IMHO. They just don't make my meat loaf. Even the crazy high dollar ones never really did much for me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For many years I wore Timex throwaways, the type of outdoor lifestyle I have my watches end up with a lot of rough treatment and never lasted very long. Those old Timex watches would keep decent time and were cheap, when they got beat up or crapped out I would toss them and buy another replacement for $40 or $50 and be good for a year or two.

About 20 years ago I decided to buy for what my pay scale was a higher end job, a Japanese "Seiko Monster" automatic. It is nothing fancy, just keeps time, day and date also it has always gained a couple of minutes over the course of a week or two so it does not keep time as well as a quartz. Other than the lack of precise accuracy it has been a great watch and looks pretty much the same as when I bought it. As the old Timex watch saying went "it takes a licking and keeps on ticking" something my old Timex watches never actually did. I like the Monster so much about ten years ago I purchased another one for a spare to replace the original when it craps out, but I am still wearing the old one and it is still taking lickings and keeping on ticking.

Al

OIP12.jpg

Edited by airedale

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34014c1c31147276f6ed5472f99e1e819654d82d48c9fbe3f1Everything was great when I got this watch, the only thing, no one warned me that one day I would be waking up next to a naked 57 year old woman, good luck
688B62FA-595D-4C19-A003-088241791139.thumb.jpeg.6739f5e000f390f67a53304190913823.jpeg
Hahaha but you too got old and wrinkly I'm sure.

• Like 1

Get a Thermal instead
Hahah. In all fairness probably get more use out of the watch down where we are. If I had more land and rifle zone that may be a more suitable option but still then it's only good for a few months a year until NY finally gets the right idea and makes it year round again like every other state

I'm thinking she married him for his money.  From his avatar picture it surely wasn't for his looks.

Hey that is not nice! And shes definitely not marrying me for my looks when I grow or probably better stated attempt to grow out my heinously dirty "moustache"

What is your opinion on Hublot[mention=253]Nomad[/mention]. Seems it's either love them or hate them. Their classic fusion looks like a nice piece that can be worn forever. Gym shorts and t-shirts to a suit

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That thing is wild looking probably over 100k easily.

I saw the price after I posted... $93,700.  Yikes.  I have a couple watches but I rarely wear them.  

For my wedding I got an engraved tie clip and a Rock River Arms AR.  (I was only allowed to wear one to church) 

• Like 2

I saw the price after I posted... $93,700.  Yikes.  I have a couple watches but I rarely wear them.  
For my wedding I got an engraved tie clip and a Rock River Arms AR.  (I was only allowed to wear one to church) 
Hopefully you chose the AR!

2 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Hahah. In all fairness probably get more use out of the watch down where we are

2 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

but still then it's only good for a few months a year until NY finally gets the right idea and makes it year round again like every other state

Not necessarily true....A hand held thermal can be used year around for a number of applications if one uses their imagination. 99% of them also have a digital clock on the inside  if knowing the time is a real issue. Some of the upper end ones you can video with also.

Edited by Steve D

Not necessarily true....A hand held thermal can be used year around for a number of applications if one uses their imagination. 99% of them also have a digital clock on the inside  if knowing the time is a real issue. Some of the upper end ones you can video with also.

I don't have much imagination left LoL

Oh just the first few weeks of looking over at her and catching her just staring at her hand made it worth every penny. She still does stare longingly at it here and there, though she tries to hide it from me haha.

Can confirm.29410ec2b40788af5786e9d855935866.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1