Region 8 get together # 2 ????

rob-c

1 minute ago, Belo said:

yeah I didn't mean it that way, all I meant was that there's a good handful of us in Webster alone and less as we spread out further from the city. I thought the suggestion of the double tree right off 390 in Henrietta was a good one. 

Heck, I'd be in that for a few beers on a Friday night as a mini get together with the local Roc group separate from this one. 

I googled half way point between Rochester and Corning is about  Dansville. So if we did that who would be interested ? 

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

I googled half way point between Rochester and Corning is about  Dansville. So if we did that who would be interested ? 

sounds about right. Very easy run north or south and I think there are cut overs that the western folks can take. I'm still in...lol. Can't resist a chance to talk hunting, meet some folks and have a few drinks. 

Dansville offerings are kind of a crapshow. Geneseo is marginally north by another 10-15 min, but being a college town has a few options. The one that comes to mind is Village Tavern. Small but consistent food and beverage options (salads to wings and burgers, and local to national beers), and right on the main drag. 5 minutes off 390 coming N or S, and it's literally the road you'd exit off 390.

6 hours ago, Belo said:

yeah I didn't mean it that way, all I meant was that there's a good handful of us in Webster alone and less as we spread out further from the city. I thought the suggestion of the double tree right off 390 in Henrietta was a good one. 

Heck, I'd be in that for a few beers on a Friday night as a mini get together with the local Roc group separate from this one. 

I didn't know Websterites slummed it in Hennrietta, lol. JK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, phade said:

Dansville offerings are kind of a crapshow. Geneseo is marginally north by another 10-15 min, but being a college town has a few options. The one that comes to mind is Village Tavern. Small but consistent food and beverage options (salads to wings and burgers, and local to national beers), and right on the main drag. 5 minutes off 390 coming N or S, and it's literally the road you'd exit off 390.

Went there this summer after open house for Geneseo with daughter.  Other half on tap , Nashville hot chicken sammich and appies were all fantastic.  There once before and had a great venison burger. And I definitely could make that happen .

Edited by turkeyfeathers

7 hours ago, phade said:

I didn't know Websterites slummed it in Hennrietta, lol. JK.

Ah perhaps the new Webster folk , but my family bought land on Lake rd when it was a dirt road , we ain’t fancy still today .

14 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Dannsville  place has great reviews.  I'm not into college  town bars . Those days are over for me .

A guy I work with lives down there and said it would be a good place. Depending on the count he really suggested calling ahead. He didn't think there was any type of isolated "room" to house a group

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Dannsville  place has great reviews.  I'm not into college  town bars . Those days are over for me .

It's a bar. In a college town. But it's not a college town bar. Not much different than Jeremiah's or the Goat where past meets have taken place, other than it's small footprint. And as noted it sells venison burgers. 

Edited by phade
  • Like 1