Remember these!

First-light

First ones I ever  remember were in a paper  tube . That was in the 70s . Then I graduated  to the 5000 pack in the milk carton.  I use to get the plastic wrapped ones from  Bonds fruit stand   up on Seneca  lake.  All they carried and cost more than buying them by 5000. Have to wonder how many bbs  I put down the barrel  of my daisy red rider and crostmann pump

• Like 1

I had a Daisy Pump BB gun . Neighbor kids had Daisy Red Ryders and a couple kids had single shots . We use to have BB gun wars with no safety glasses or anything safety wise . It's a wonder we didn't get an eye shot out . If you ran for shelter in an Out house , that wasn't safe as the enemy would shoot through the vent holes and you could get hit with a ricochet BB . The kids with the single shots would keep 3 or 4 BBs in their mouth so they could reload faster . Once in a while they would swallow one or two BBs . We all bought our BBs at Sy Linton's General Store in East Groveland . 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Nytracker said:

..... I use to get the plastic wrapped ones from  Bonds fruit stand up on Seneca  lake.  All they carried and cost more than buying them by 5000....

WOW, that's a ghost from my past, Bond's fruit stand. Lived a couple miles from there during HS.

9 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

WOW, that's a ghost from my past, Bond's fruit stand. Lived a couple miles from there during HS.

My grandparents had a small cottage on peach orchar pt .  When they were taxed out of it we spent many years camping at Smith park.  

BB gun wars were the best...   We had a 3 pump rule  and we did wear goggles... One kid wore hockey equipment and a motorcycle helmet so we use to pump more than 3 for him...  unfortunately our last bb gun war ever a kid did lose an eye and that was the end of the bb gun wars.... And he did not even sue....  Can you imagine a kid losing an eye in 2020 and his parents not suing?