Lunkerbass21

Very good if it does what it's doing today....rain hard....then let up for a half hour or so....rain hard.....they have to eat and will be up and hanging close to the best food source...even if the winds stay steady...they'll take full advantage of the lulls in rain..... JMO

Edited by growalot

Hubby said he don't care if it is raining or not he is still going out and also taking our 2 son's with him, our son's think that daddy has to work tomorrow and that they will only get to go out tomorrow boy are they going to be in for a huge surprise tomorrow morning when they are being woke up very early to get dress and have their coffee all ready for them lol

Here's a bit of encouragement: I just saw 2 deer in the middle of an alfalfa field eating in the driving rain ...... 2:00pm.

However, no screaming winds like they're calling for tomorrow (and now for Sunday as well). I have to admit that even if the weather is half as bad tomorrow as it is today, I won't be going out. I got a slight taste of what a real drenching thing a downpour is like, and I really doubt that even with my best raingear on that I could stay even close to dry.

Not only that, but if I had even a real good blood trail, the kind of rain that I just saw would wash it away inside of a few minutes. So, better go for the spine hits tomorrow ..... lol.

Stay in bed tomorrow morning!

Forecast from YNN Rochester:

Much cooler air pouring into the region. Scattered rain showers will be around tonight into Saturday. The winds will be strong tonight and even more so on Saturday. Gusts on Saturday afternoon may reach 50 mph. The weather settles down for Sunday with slightly warmer temperatures, but more rain showers are expected by the afternoon. Our forecast: Windy and cooler tonight with scattered rain showers and a low from 47 to 50. Saturday will be windy and chilly with a high in the low to mid 50s with scattered rain showers. :angry:

Here's a bit of encouragement: I just saw 2 deer in the middle of an alfalfa field eating in the driving rain ...... 2:00pm.

However, no screaming winds like they're calling for tomorrow (and now for Sunday as well). I have to admit that even if the weather is half as bad tomorrow as it is today, I won't be going out. I got a slight taste of what a real drenching thing a downpour is like, and I really doubt that even with my best raingear on that I could stay even close to dry.

Not only that, but if I had even a real good blood trail, the kind of rain that I just saw would wash it away inside of a few minutes. So, better go for the spine hits tomorrow ..... lol.

you telling us it is a head shot kind of day, Doc?...lol

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

this is from chanell 10 web site

SATURDAY: Partly sunny and windy. Showers possible, especially north and west of Albany. Cooler…High: 55-60, Wind: WSW 15-20 MPH

Iam still goin B) wsw wind is perfect for my stand location . hopefully i can get in there early before the gust start blowin .iam bankin on the deer to get up to feed before this stuff starts . my stand is only 80 yards from there bedding area. good luck guys

Well I am watching it rain right now outside my window I see it really knocking the leaves off the trees. Rain,Sleet or snow I will be in my tree stand. On the plus side the ground will be soaked so walking will be quiet. I have seen some monster bucks moving on crappy days. Just hope one walks near me tomorrow morning. It may even be a great day to do some still hunting. I will see what tomorrow brings and go from there.

Weather in my hunting area - Germantown 4Y weather - I'm gonna pass on this weekend. Heading to range instead. Planning to go up the next two weekends.

Tomorrow: Windy with showers. High 62F. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Tomorrow night: Windy. A few showers in the evening then clearing overnight. Low 48F. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Sunday: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 66F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.

Not worth it if I were to go, take a shot and risk wounding a deer. Now if it was rifle season, I wouldn't hesitate to go. ;)

Edited by Deerthug

I'll be out no matter what. I missed a nice 10 a few yrs back just after a long period of rain. Once the rain let's up its time to eat. Plus I have the wifey's ok for both mornings.....so it could be the end of days and i would be out there.

I asked this ? awhile back and alot of you said the weather did'nt stop you.Now why is a little wind and rain going to keep you hunters from the woods?A day in the woods is much better than staying on the couch. So you might be passing on a good day out.