Man Falls

Paula

He is one luck guy that he could get the phone out and dial it. I know this isn't on topic but I want every one to put a contact in their phone. list the emergency number of your wife/husband/someone to contact....list it as ICE (incase of emergency). that way they have someone to notify if you should get injured and cant speak. They will look at your contacts (assuming the screen isn't password locked)

I know a lot of times i don't carry my wallet with me and the only ID I have is my license but there is no address or contact info on that just your address.

30 feet wow. Highest I have is about 24, and that's in a pine tree where I have to weave through the branches. I also have to stand on a branch to get into the stand, scares the snot out of me every time I do it. But I hook into my safety belt with my HSS harness before I step onto the stand. It's still friggin risky.

30 feet in the air ........ I can't even imagine trying to shoot from that high....lol. Of course in my case, with my fear of heights, I'd have to learn how to shoot my bow with both arms wrapped around the tree ...... lol.

But seriously, do you suppose these guys practice their shooting at home from 30 feet in the air just to get familiar with how that kind of a shot has to be compensated for?

Anyway, the guy is just lucky he is still alive with a fall from that height. Or who knows, maybe he will not really consider that to be a lucky thing depending on what his final condition turns out to be.

• Like 1

lol @ Fantail....I hear ya, I can't even imagine being up that high, and especially if he didn't have a harness on...although it said he was on his way down, possibly unclipped. Either way, he is one lucky individual. I fell from about 15' before, hanging a stand and the whole left side of my body, the side I landed on, was a huge bruise and the fall knocked every last breath out of me...it took me a full minute or two just to start breathing properly again.

Hopefully he is OK. The comments on there were disgusting, but expect nothing but the best from those peta people.

I hadn't even looked at the comments until you mentioned it. Pretty shocking stuff! It kind of puts the mentality and values of those animal rights wackos in perspective. They certainly are a twisted bunch.

I hadn't even looked at the comments until you mentioned it. Pretty shocking stuff! It kind of puts the mentality and values of those animal rights wackos in perspective. They certainly are a twisted bunch.

For some reason those comment sections under news stories always look like that. The people who comment on them always seem to be perfect and never made a mistake in life.

I'd wager a small bet the guy wasn't 30' up anyway. It doesn't matter anyway but I'm sure it was just a fireman/EMT nest estimate in the dark.

Even us hunters have a hard time estimating height, weight, length etc.

I really don't have sympathy for someone who has fallen out of a tree these days. No excuse anymore.

28-30 feet is actually pretty high, like a 3 story building.

When I took the bow hunting class, the guy talked about harnesses for 1 hour, and repeated harnesses 30 times after that. Then he proceeded to talk about heights, and why there is no good reason to go above 10-12 feet.

I go high if the tree is growing on a sidehill below where I expect deer. It really doesn't matter if its 12ft or 40, falling can hurt or kill you. I know a farmer that fell 8' out of a hayloft on the back of his neck and is a quadriplegic. I like going high because I like the views.