What Camo Do You Use For Hunting?

TheFieldArcher

Very interesting and nice vid, I have been thinking about different camo. Not to criticise but panning back away from the camo would show better how it blends with the surroundings.I like that urban camo shot.I will have to pick some up if it goes on sale.

The great thing about that pattern in the snow is the deer have no idea what you are! During muzzleloader one year I was still hunting and kicked some up coming through a thicket, they stopped and looked my way, started stamping and came at me! Curiosity kills! :)

Edited by TheFieldArcher

My deer hunting pattern is realtree hardwoods grey. Problem is they dont make it anymore in regular gear and since im such a woman where all my camo has to match my next gear will probably be realtree AP.

Hopefully that will be a few years from now.

I make my own asat out of desert camo NBC suits.The british style works good.I use them for a season then get a new chemical suit fro the next season.Use sneaky leafs on the suit.Nothing sees me or at least yet.

During gun i just wear orange.And alott of it.When in the tree i use my leafy suit that slips over the orange jacket.

When it snows out i use my white Tyvec suit that i color in an ASAT theme.It works awsome.i could sneak up on an eagle in that suit in the snow.

MY CAMO IS MATHEWS LOST CAMO pretty good stuff

ever notice how well a deer blends into the woods? a deer is brown this camo is pretty brownish in color with a lot of shadow type print on it most relistic camo ive seen yet just my opinon...

how ever i do see that predator has a new treestand type camo that looks like it be pretty evective as well..

• Like 1

Do mostly tree stand hunting so i've become a big fan of Mossy oaks tree stand pattern. Works amazingly well in snow as well. Mountain Mimicry is another favorite. Sitka used it until they went digital but now i see in Cabelas some other company has picked up the pattern. Not a big fan of digital or army type patterns. No offence but i don't mind the sticks and leaves patterns. When i go into the woods i just don't feel like looking like Rambo or some army Ranger. Sounds stupid but i go in to be closer to nature and since they all pretty much do as much as you can expect them to do, I'd rather spend it looking like a tree. I also find it much easier to find the more specialized materials in the more popular patterns.(gore-tex, soft shell, 4 way stretch ect.) Cotton-poly blend just isn't a super choice in our climate most of the time.

Lets' see - went from blue jeans, carharts, OD, Treebark, Mossy Oak, Realtree, .......

Gotten deer wearing them all!

IMHO - Getting alot of marketing "fluff" from some of the upstarts wanting a piece of the camo clothing giga$$ pie.

If you like a pattern and are sucessful with it, guess it's working for you.

Don't know about everyone else, but I can't afford to keep up with what they are telling me is the latest & greatest camo.

Is there a "best" camo pattern, ....are we refering to stalking, treestands, hardwoods, pine plots, thickets,...?

Maybe the indians were right when they used the universal deerskin capes.

Anyone tried that camo?? LOL

Generally when bow hunting, I'm not that concerned with a pattern. Muted tones and very little movement get the job done.

Don't be fooled by the hype.

My priority is quiet and warm. Big pockets and durability. King of the Mountain wool is always on top, sometimes when its really warm I'll wear some Cabela's Microtex pants in a fancy pattern.

The KOM is old, the pants are 15-18 yrs old and the coat, 10-12 yrs old.

Here is a pic from a few years ago...........

buck06.jpg

That dude looks stoned?!?!

Don't we all kinda look like that this time of yr.. Too many 4 am wake-ups with work and family sqeezed in as well. LOL . Because there are so many patterns that will do just fine, I pick the outfit that has the qualities i'm looking for first. Quiet, warm, protected, comfortable outerwear will keep you in the stand longer and you'll tend to sit still better as well. I don't skimp on the quality of my gear. To me it's just as important as my bow.