"Black National Anthem"

Don’t you need a nation to have a national anthem ?

Just play the freaking game , run , throw ,catch the ball ,collect your millions , your fans will get drunk and yell ,which apparently is the point of being a football fan . Win ,win .

• Like 2

Your opinion is duly (or is it dully-I’m a poor speller for an English teacher!) noted.

And, I agree that the NFL is entertainment and insignificant regarding real issues. However it is entertaining as hell and when I watch it I am entertained and impressed by the athletes that play. I was also impressed by Dr House (remember that show?) but I will not go to Dr House for a diagnosis- see Dr House is a TV character who job is the entertain.

I’m a big boy and can keep my entertainment and my real issues straight. I will “keep the baby” and throw out the bath water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The article states "Four weeks after commissioner Roger Goodell vowed to listen to and work with players in their fight for racial equality"

So does "racial equality" also include hiring quotas for players based on their race?  

Personally the NFL could disappear.  I do not support the NFL and do my best NOT to support any of the NFL's sponsors especially USAA.

I have better things to do than watch "employees" who eventually complain of brain injury from playing football.  Maybe they need to visit Arlington Cemetery, a veterans hospital and the old soldiers home to see those who really suffered to protect their right to act like fools. 

• Like 3

Why would you further create divide by even thinking of doing this ,national anthem is for everyone , not a specific color..   I swear the media is the worse thing going to eliminate division. They simply spread it. That song was written to celebrate Lincoln s Birthday,  its insulting to use it as a black national anthem 

• Like 3

I cant wait till this stranglehold hits MLB . Will they be playing The Black National Anthem , Mexican National Anthem , Japanese National Anthem , Dominican National Anthem , Venezuelan National Anthem , Puerto Rico National Anthem , Cuban National Anthem , all before our National Anthem ?  

I also read that they want ways to honor Blacks that were victims of Police Brutality . RIGHT ! SURE ! Right after they honor all the Hundreds if not Thousands of Police who lost their lives protecting people from violent crimes and saving lives. What about the Police Officers families ? They dont deserve honor and recognition ?  

Blacks in Chicago and Baltimore kill more Blacks in a weekend  than there are victims of Police Brutality in 40 years.

I have no patience for Immoral Overpaid Egomaniacs making demands . How many of these  scumbags have been caught beating up their wives or girlfriends , and other people and got a free pass . I will not watch a single game of NFL Football . They can kiss my azz .  I will go hunting and ice fishing instead. 

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2