Thoughts on the new Rage No Collar broadheads

regulat0r

Hi all. First off- please don’t turn this tread into a rage vs all other companies debate. 

for some  reason, I Just learned about the new rage design with no collar with some kind of self locking mechanism. Has anybody looked into these? I’ve been a fan of rage for years and have had great results with the originals, chisel tip, and hypodermic. There have been a few times however when I’ve bumped a blade out of the collar and Worried about it after putting it back in. This new no collar design seems to eliminate that concern. I watched a few reviews online but wanted to know if anybody else planS on picking up a pack. 

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My issue with the Rage was them popping open when I put them in the quiver, hopefully this solves that problem

That's the only thing I hate about mechanicals ,I usually have to hold the blades down if my quiver has foam .

Does anyone know exactly how the mechanism workS? I’ve looked online but I still can’t find the specific details. Also- I just learned about it but I’m not sure how long it’s been out? I usually don’t like jumping on a product as soon as it comes out. Companies usually make a few tweaks to the original product. 

I used the shwackers last year which did a tremendous job ,what I didnt like was that tiny little band was way too easy break if you were stalking through brush or even tall grass and the broadhead got caught on anything. I wouldn't mind giving these a try if they come in a smaller cutting diameter ,I'm only pulling 62 pounds and have no business with a 2 inch cutting diameter broadhead.

I've used rage for years with good results until last year. My crossbow was shooting very low and have doing some thinking and research I've come to the conclusion my broadheads were deploying prematurely. I'll still be using rage for my compound but going to try slick trick with the xbow 

don't ask me. I'm still in the stone age using the original titanium rage 2 blade heads with o-rings. hahaha no issues other than i'm finally down to 1 or 2 heads and no extra blades. have some bare bones 2 blade Rages with o-rings left though. probably just use those up too.

I will let you all know they changed the usual package size with these. You only get 2 broad-heads in a pack where you used to get 3 AND a practice head with the old varieties. I was a bit peeved when I got a pack in the mail.