Favorite hunting celebrity?

vipertech

Yea, yea.....I know..........Tiffany.  ;)  So let's all just agree on her and move on!  ;D

With that out of the way....I like Craig Boddington from Guns&Ammo.  Dude seems to go on the best hunting adventures.  Check out some of the places he's been in '09 alone!

http://www.craigboddington.com/recent-hunts.htm

I always seem to read his articles in G&A first. 

I always liked watching Team Fitzgerald ( Dan & Guy ) . They seemed down to earth and shoot compounds with fingers .

They did a cookout once and Dan dropped the tailgate of his truck , hand swept the leaves out and got out his BBQ sauces . They started a fire but didn't have a grill so Dan used the screened bottom part of a chain on stand to cook their burgers on . They were fun to watch but I havn't seen them in a couple years . I think they are on The Sportsmen's Channel that Time warner doesn't carry in our area .

Fred Eicher, been on a couple of different shows and married to the founder's daughter of Muzzy. He's a down to earth type of guy. Not too particuliar about what he harvests. Saw him jumping around like a maniac when he got a cow elk. Another show he was in a blind along a bear trail hunting griz. Think on the same episode the guide had to dispatch a griz with a handgun that was charging them. I said he was entertaining, not super intelligent.

Tred barta and Michael Waddell

Tred Barta ........ Now there's a name that I didn't expect to see here but I do kind of agree. Yes, he did come off as the Rush Limbaugh of hunting, but I always believed that he tried to speak his mind on issues, and always did his hunting according to a rather rigid set of ideals. Doing things the hard way didn't always result in politically correct results, but they always did reflect genuine, uncensored, true to life results without all the bad parts laying on the cutting room floor. I was always entertained with his hunting shows simply because there was no trite script or redundant, boring, staged, predictable results. Also, unlike a lot of people, I took all his arrogance and pompous talk in the spirit in which I believe it was given ....... as humor. He had a good show and I was very sad to hear about his physical difficulties. Nobody deserves that.

My favorite episode was the grizzley bear hunt.

Doc...He is a favorite of mine as well for those reasons. And I am not sure if I am man enough to square off at that range with a grizz...back up gun or not....he did get behind his buddy pretty quick after the shot...lol

His medical condition while not improving isn't holding him back. I read an update on his condition and he is shooting his bow again and from his wheel chair and has a specially modified saddle to ride his horse. Sounds like he won't be letting this keep him from the field

Yes sir Mr.Doc

There was no BS with Mr.Barta, he says whats on his mind, and He seems the most human out of all the professional hunters on the outdoor channel and versus channel.

He also does not hide who he is, what you see is what you get with him.

I guess I don't watch enough of these hunting shows, but the ones I have seen have been nothing to write home about.  Some of the hosts were downright embarrassments and almost make me ashamed to be a hunter.  Ted Nugent has to be my least favorite by far.  Tred Barta got a couple of votes here, but all I ever saw on his show was him flinging arrows at ranges he probably shouldn't have been.  I don't know how this could present him as an ethical hunter?

Doc...He is a favorite of mine as well for those reasons. And I am not sure if I am man enough to square off at that range with a grizz...back up gun or not....he did get behind his buddy pretty quick after the shot...lol

His medical condition while not improving isn't holding him back. I read an update on his condition and he is shooting his bow again and from his wheel chair and has a specially modified saddle to ride his horse. Sounds like he won't be letting this keep him from the field

That's good to hear. For a guy with as much energy and drive as he has, paralysis is probably the worst sentence a guy of his age could ever have to live with. It's good that in this age of technology, there are ways that a guy with his gumption can modify his methods and still do what he wants.

As far as the grizzley bear with a bow, I have thought about that and absolutely know that that is nothing I will ever do (with or without back-up). I can just hear the back-up gun now ....... CLICK!  ???

Doc

I guess I don't watch enough of these hunting shows, but the ones I have seen have been nothing to write home about.  Some of the hosts were downright embarrassments and almost make me ashamed to be a hunter.  Ted Nugent has to be my least favorite by far.  Tred Barta got a couple of votes here, but all I ever saw on his show was him flinging arrows at ranges he probably shouldn't have been.  I don't know how this could present him as an ethical hunter?

Really? He hunts with a longbow with no modern crap on it and makes his own arrows. There is a big difference between longbows and compounds(I like to call them modern bows and not primitive). With that kind of bow you have to feel for shooting a lot more. He shows failure in chasing game more times than succeeding.

You guys ever catch that fishing show with the 3 gals...did alot of fishing in the Florida flats and their uniform seemed to always be a bikini. Wasn't on for long but was worth the DVR space

THE VERY BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!