Biden - Harris will be coming for our guns

14 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

I am not trolling at all and I do not see my kids or any persons kids as a legal obligation. If a man is willing to step up I believe they made the decision a conception not your perception.

i do not seem to be the one confused at all thought you and me both belived in equality.

If not trolling then is it a failure in logic or in understanding a basic argument? How you (or anyone) regard your children has nothing to do with this. If a man contributes to the genetic make up of a child, he should step up and try to be a (terrific) father. If he fails to do so, there are laws that mandate a financial contribution, in the very least. 

The question at hand is, if Biden/Harris are coming for your ARs, should a man be able to (legally) demand that a woman go through with a pregnancy that she chooses not to have.  The answer is still no and I would encourage you to find a woman that actually wants to procreate with you   

28 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

If not trolling then is it a failure in logic or in understanding a basic argument? How you (or anyone) regard your children has nothing to do with this. If a man contributes to the genetic make up of a child, he should step up and try to be a (terrific) father. If he fails to do so, there are laws that mandate a financial contribution, in the very least. 

The question at hand is, if Biden/Harris are coming for your ARs, should a man be able to (legally) demand that a woman go through with a pregnancy that she chooses not to have.  The answer is still no and I would encourage you to find a woman that actually wants to procreate with you   

I would encourage everyone to bring children into a two family household, as me and my wife have done with our three kids. But, this is about rights and equality and I believe the father should have a choice. You  may not believe that, but I am also not ignorant enough to think I will change your leftest “inseminator”mind.

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

Alright bubba. Here is a common scenario. Kids or adolescents get pregnant fooling around. They decide to keep the baby. One has enough after six months or sixteen months. Who is racising the kid now? 

I am clearly not talking about committed relationships pregnancy. 

It not bubba it’s Andrew you are twisting the conversation to fit your narrative if a young man is willing to step up and the woman is not, he should have a say and be able to raise his child. A woman can sign off on the parental right just as easily as a man can. I honestly don’t think I am that far apart from you, chef and lee? But I am more into equality not just when it fits my narrative. 

I would encourage everyone to bring children into a two family household, as me and my wife have done with our three kids. But, this is about rights and equality and I believe the father should have a choice. You  may not believe that, but I am also not ignorant enough to think I will change your leftest “inseminator”mind.

What is a two family household

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

It not bubba it’s Andrew you are twisting the conversation to fit your narrative if a young man is willing to step up and the woman is not, he should have a say and be able to raise his child. A woman can sign off on the parental right just as easily as a man can. I honestly don’t think I am that far apart from you, chef and lee? But I am more into equality not just when it fits my narrative. 

Of course, the guy calling for Lee is uptight about not being called Andrew.  Yes, if the man and woman decide to go through term with the pregnancy, and she gives up all parental rights to the father, then who’s arguing that you shouldn’t be legally allowed to do that? (No one is, btw).  That’s different than the man legally mandating that she go through with the pregnancy so that he can have the baby. At that point the woman would be nothing more than a walking incubator. Fortunately, the law doesn’t allow for that. Man, this thread has gotten warped... And damnit!  I was excited to learn about your encouragement for a 2 family household. You would’ve been breaking new ground here!

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Of course, the guy calling for Lee is uptight about not being called Andrew.  Yes, if the man and woman decide to go through term with the pregnancy, and she gives up all parental rights to the father, then who’s arguing that you shouldn’t be legally allowed to do that? (No one is, btw).  That’s different than the man legally mandating that she go through with the pregnancy so that he can have the baby. At that point the woman would be nothing more than a walking incubator. Fortunately, the law doesn’t allow for that. Man, this thread has gotten warped... And damnit!  I was excited to learn about your encouragement for a 2 family household. You would’ve been breaking new ground here!

Not calling for lee as I stated lee? I didn’t know if he did not know my name or could not write my username as most people don’t go around calling people bubba as this is not prison and I am country but not country enough to not recognize a insult.’ As I have already stated I will not change your ideals, as stated  you are a “inseminator” and I am a father we are two different people..I just stated my believes as you did yours and we both can agree we are far apart on this issue. I hope you do not have sons that have this happen to them as it is not always great for a young man. I had friends at a young age this really damaged. I will promise you I will do my best to raise my son not to be a inseminator and my daughters not to mess with men that are inseminators as those people are sick. Also I am not a religious man at all so don’t come at me with that just a man of right and wrong and is willing to debate and discuss and believes in equality for everyone see not one sex,color or religion you should try it. Proof read and see if you and chef approve 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

17 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Not calling for lee as I stated lee? I didn’t know if he did not know my name or could not write my username as most people don’t go around calling people bubba as this is not prison and I am country but not country enough to not recognize a insult.’ As I have already stated I will not change your ideals, as stated  you are a “inseminator” and I am a father we are two different people..I just stated my believes as you did yours and we both can agree we are far apart on this issue. I hope you do not have sons that have this happen to them as it is not always great for a young man. I had friends at a young age this really damaged. I will promise you I will do my best to raise my son not to be a inseminator and my daughters not to mess with men that are inseminators as those people are sick. Also I am not a religious man at all so don’t come at me with that just a man of right and wrong and is willing to debate and discuss and believes in equality for everyone see not one sex,color or religion you should try it. Proof read and see if you and chef approve 

That’s great Andrew - It’s good to identify where exactly viewpoints diverge. I think we’ve just about gotten there, minus the tenuous inseminator quips you keep insisting on. Perhaps even more important is that we’ve showcased the diversity of opinions and viewpoints within the NY hunting community. 

Good hunting,

VH

Hey Andrew. Bubba wasn't meant as any insult. I agree with you that the father should have some input,but it is the mother that has to carry the baby. Not a small accomplishment/chore. So the mother should have the majority vote on what happens to her body. 

If men would have to go through pregnancy there would be a lot less children in this world. How is that for side tracking statement?

It is encouraging to see that there are only 3 or 4 Biden supporters on this site.  With the momentum Trump and and Pence have now, after a stellar RNC, I think they have a shot of carrying NY state.

Don't despair folks, Canada will surely welcome you after a disappointing November.  It is not too much colder up there, and they have good fishing and some decent hunting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Well, this is a wild thread! From gun confiscation to an abortion debate

The thread veered off from it's initial subject of gun confiscation because of the accusation we are one issue voters which is far from the truth. "Gun Control" and "Hunting Rights" are a main issue of concern for members of this board because it is after all a hunting board.

That being said the laundry list of issues against the radical Democrats is much much more and a few were just were pointed out to show that, I think the thread's content is very good as it exposes some pretty sick thinking and rationale.

Al 

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 1:10 PM, Versatile_Hunter said:

Man, I think you’d be a lot better off if you dropped this sense of victimization and persecution. I don’t know what group you’re referring to that doesn’t believe in dog ownership

Yes being a hunting dog breeder and trainer for over fifty years and doing some small scale farming on the side all this Democrat backed animal rights stuff I come up with is all a figment of my imagination!

Al

Animal Agriculture and Purpose-Bred Animals

"The best bet for the horses would be to stop betting on the Derby and other horse races, and to stop breeding, racing and killing thoroughbreds altogether" Ingrid Newkirk, Huffington Post, May 5, 2011.

Speaking of the HSUS California ballot initiative against egg production: "People know what happened in California, and they know it can happen again and again. They know that no group has passed more ballot measures than we have. They know we have a focused strategy. They know we have a budget of $150 million a year. And they know we're ready for a fight." Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO, Humane Society of the United States, Los Angeles Times, April 7, 2010.

"Producing animals for sale is a greedy and callous business in a world where there is a critical and chronic shortage of good homes for dogs, cats, and other animals, and the only "responsible breeders" are ones who, upon learning about their contribution to the overpopulation crisis, spay or neuter their animals, and get out of the business altogether." - PETA, "Animal Rights Uncompromised: There's No Such Thing as a 'Responsible Breeder' - current website

"We have no ethical obligation to preserve the different breeds of livestock produced through selective breeding. . One generation and out. We have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals. They are creations of human selective breeding." Wayne Pacelle, Senior VP of Humane Society of the US, formerly of Friends of Animals and Fund for Animals, Animal People, May, 1993

When asked if he envisioned a future without pets, “If I had my personal view, perhaps that might take hold. In fact, I don’t want to see another dog or cat born.” Wayne Pacelle quoted in Bloodties: Nature, Culture and the Hunt by Ted Kerasote, 1993, p. 266.

"[A]s the surplus of cats and dogs {artificially engineered by centuries of forced breeding) declined, eventually companion animals would be phased out, and we would return to a more symbiotic relationship--enjoyment at a distance." Ingrid Newkirk, "Just Like Us? Toward a Notion of Animal Rights", Harper's, August 1988, p. 50.

"[Animal] Fancies provide an escape from the real world, a sense of purpose in a lot of purposeless lives, a chance to play God by breeding animals, and a chance to play celebrity by showing them." Phil Maggitti, The Animals' Agenda, December 1991.

"Breeders must be eliminated! As long as there is a surplus of companion animals in the concentration camps referred to as "shelters", and they are killing them because they are homeless, one should not be allowed to produce more for their own amusement and profit. If you know of a breeder in the Los Angeles area, whether commercial or private, legal or illegal, let us know and we will post their name, location, phone number so people can write them letters telling them 'Don't Breed or Buy, While Others DIE.'" "Breeders! Let's get rid of them too!" Campaign on Animal Defense League's website, September 2, 2003.

"I'm not only uninterested in having children. I am opposed to having children. Having a purebred human baby is like having a purebred dog; it is nothing but vanity, human vanity." Ingrid Newkirk, PeTA's founder and president, New Yorker magazine, April 23, 2003

"Our goal is to make [the public think of] breeding [dogs and cats] like drunk driving and smoking." Kim Sturla, former director of the Peninsula Humane Society and Western Director of Fund for Animals, stated during Kill the Crisis, not the Animals campaign and workshops, 1991

"The bottom line is that people don't have the right to manipulate or to breed dogs and cats ... If people want toys, they should buy inanimate objects. If they want companionship, they should seek it with their own kind," Ingrid Newkirk, founder, president and former national director, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PeTA), Animals, May/June 1993

"My goal is the abolition of all animal agriculture." JP Goodwin, employed at the Humane Society of the US, formerly at Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade, as quoted on AR-Views, an animal rights Internet discussion group in 1996.

4 hours ago, airedale said:

Yes being a hunting dog breeder and trainer for over fifty years and doing some small scale farming on the side all this Democrat backed animal rights stuff I come up with is all a figment of my imagination!

Al

Back on this? You can’t cite vegans, peta, and other fridge voices and claim that this is the Democratic position. 

46 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Back on this? You can’t cite vegans, peta, and other fridge voices and claim that this is the Democratic position. 

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out, all one has to do is look at the vote on legislation and who stands for what, that and AR out and out bragging makes it pretty easy.

Al

Edited by airedale

24 minutes ago, airedale said:

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out, all one has to do is look at the vote on legislation and who stands for what, that and AR out and out bragging makes it pretty easy.

Al

But it does take a smidgen of common sense to see when you’re being duped.

“The first and greatest commandment is, Don't let them scare you.” -Elmer Davis

• 2 weeks later...

Everything with the left is slippery slope just look at the wacked out stuff now that  is the norm from 20 years ago

this is why I move down south and only come back to new york to hunt and to visit and i may not even do that anymore the way things are going . The balls of the left to put up biden a guy who was involved in the illegal spying of trump campaign. The guy  should be disqualified for that alone . These leftys are so out of control now its not even funny .

Everything with the left is slippery slope just look at the wacked out stuff now that  is the norm from 20 years ago
this is why I move down south and only come back to new york to hunt and to visit and i may not even do that anymore the way things are going . The balls of the left to put up biden a guy who was involved in the illegal spying of trump campaign. The guy  should be disqualified for that alone . These leftys are so out of control now its not even funny .

Seriously you join a hunting forum and this is your first post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

going to be hard to hunt when they start banning all the guns .  6 month ago if I told you  you would be  forced to wear a mask to go to the store you would say I was crazy and look what happened  the left has stepped over the line they now believe its ok to break the laws to get what they want  . Spying on trump  and setting up people like general flynn  spreading disinformation  about law enforcement being bad people and all racist  and  censoring all those with a different  point of view  .  You can not have a civilized  peaceful  society  when you have people in power doing these things when you vote for biden you are getting not just biden but all of those types being put in positions  of power  also .  and  i am not talking about  libs or  moderate dems  even  who at least still believe in free speech  and gun rights to bad they don't do more to call out the woke nuts  hard leftys  that are rioting .

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

going to be hard to hunt when they start banning all the guns .  6 month ago if I told you  you would be  forced to wear a mask to go to the store you would say I was crazy and look what happened  the left has stepped over the line they now believe its ok to break the laws to get what they want  . Spying on trump  and setting up people like general flynn  spreading disinformation  about law enforcement being bad people and all racist  and  censoring all those with a different  point of view  .  You can not have a civilized  peaceful  society  when you have people in power doing these things when you vote for biden you are getting not just biden but all of those types being put in positions  of power  also .  and  i am not talking about  libs or  moderate dems  even  who at least still believe in free speech  and gun rights to bad they don't do more to call out the woke nuts  hard leftys  that are rioting .

God this is dumb. I’ve said it repeatedly, there are intelligent arguments to be made on the right. This isn’t it. 

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

God this is dumb. I’ve said it repeatedly, there are intelligent arguments to be made on the right. This isn’t it. 

.yea Benjamin Franklin was really dumb  you know that is who first said that right ?  next you will call me racist  

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1