Is it right or wrong?

First-light

Last year my neighbor hired a guy to cut down all his ash trees. He was working about 50 yards off my back border. I have two great stands right down there. I confronted him and asked him to stop working for the week. I told him I have 4 guys at camp we drove 6 hrs to hunt all week. He said no now is his busy time and he continued to cut. I called the owner (I have a nice relationship) explained what was going on. He called the guy and he didn't come back. This year I let my neighbor what weeks we would be up. This week was one of them. Now Monday was a bust with the wind but this morning was ok. I was at the top of my property and hear chainsaws and tractor down below. I'm in a foul mode so I'm not walking down there. I will call the owner again. I understand work is work and his happens to take place in the woods but it's November!! I even asked him to move to another part of the property and he said nope. Please don't hold back if I'm wrong. My neighbor owns about 400 acres. 

7 minutes ago, First-light said:

Last year my neighbor hired a guy to cut down all his ash trees. He was working about 50 yards off my back border. I have two great stands right down there. I confronted him and asked him to stop working for the week. I told him I have 4 guys at camp we drove 6 hrs to hunt all week. He said no now is his busy time and he continued to cut. I called the owner (I have a nice relationship) explained what was going on. He called the guy and he didn't come back. This year I let my neighbor what weeks we would be up. This week was one of them. Now Monday was a bust with the wind but this morning was ok. I was at the top of my property and hear chainsaws and tractor down below. I'm in a foul mode so I'm not walking down there. I will call the owner again. I understand work is work and his happens to take place in the woods but it's November!! I even asked him to move to another part of the property and he said nope. Please don't hold back if I'm wrong. My neighbor owns about 400 acres. 

I understand the annoyance, I would be too. But I can also understand that he has to get his timber guy in there when the timber guy has time to be there.

That said, being a hunter, I would have kyboshed any disruptive woods work during deer season especially during the rut time. Does the neighbor hunt?

I had a couple of big trees come down across two spots in my trails, and as such, I can't get a machine to the far side of the property where we hunt the most. Must've just happened in the last week. This weekend I'll be running my chainsaw and tractor during the middle of the day. I won't cut it all into firewood until January, but I'll have to make an hour or so of noise, and I'll probably annoy somebody.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I understand the annoyance, I would be too. But I can also understand that he has to get his timber guy in there when the timber guy has time to be there.

That said, being a hunter, I would have kyboshed any disruptive woods work during deer season especially during the rut time. Does the neighbor hunt?

I had a couple of big trees come down across two spots in my trails, and as such, I can't get a machine to the far side of the property where we hunt the most. Must've just happened in the last week. This weekend I'll be running my chainsaw and tractor during the middle of the day. I won't cut it all into firewood until January, but I'll have to make an hour or so of noise, and I'll probably annoy somebody.

Yes they hunt mostly weekends. 

Yeah man, I'm going through this, but on your neighbors end.  It's hard to get a logger in, they just don't follow a set schedule.  I'm supposed to have 3500 trees taken off my side hill property, and it was supposed to be done in August.  They logger just dropped his equipment off a couple weeks, hasn't really done anything yet.  Just completely out of my control.

On the plus side :  Dropped trees pull deer in when the loggers aren't there, so maybe on the weekend/morning before they get there, hunt close and you'll catch em coming/going?

• Like 2

Unfortunately, that's the way it goes.  It is his property.  If it were me, I would stop complaining.  It's his property.  I learned a long time ago to just do what I want on my land because everybody else does what they want on their land.  

It be great if everyone respected hunting season.  Having good neighbors is huge in life.  But that is not reality for many of us or in certain situations, as in your case.

No disrespect but one day it may be you who has to do something during hunting season.

Edited by LetEmGrow
  • Like 2