IRS SCAM

suburbanfarmer

So in case you havent been called yet, you are among the few lucky ones. You get a call saying that your SS # has been suspended and need to press 1 to resolve this immediately.

This action takes you to a fake call center of all the places in India and they ask you to verify your info by giving them your name, address and SS.

Do not ever do that.

Instead i drilled a new one in them when I got this call. They keep spoofing numbers and call from different numbers. Best bet dont answer calls from numbers you dont know 

They swindled my 78yr old neighbor out of $9k :( which he will never see again.

Edited by suburbanfarmer
typo
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

When you get these calls , don't press any numbers . Another annoying call is from the Car Warranty people . I have gotten over a dozen "final warning calls" and expect to get more . I don't punch any of the numbers they give out .

I like to play with those folks sometimes. I act very excited that they want to extend my warranty on my 1972 Maverick with the seized motor and crushed gas tank. They usually hang up as I tell them what a great car this is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, fasteddie said:

When you get these calls , don't press any numbers . Another annoying call is from the Car Warranty people . I have gotten over a dozen "final warning calls" and expect to get more . I don't punch any of the numbers they give out .

If I have the option of wasting someones time on the phone i go for it when they're scammers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1