Can't ship ammo to New york?

Just surfing Gander Mtn. site and see they have Remington 12ga. Accutip slugs 9.99 per box. That's cheap! So I tried ordering and they said that they can't ship ammo to New York State address! Just great! New to me! how long has this been going on? Of course I'm not supprised. Friggin New York!

Gotta be a Gander Mountain thing. Cheaper Than Dirt and other places on the net ship to NY with no issues.

Ah, then the answer is simple ........ Just stop doing business with Gander. That wouldn't be any real big loss.

We have enough problems with restrictions from the NYS politicians without our suppliers making up their own.

Is this only a Gander Mountain policy or are all the mail-order outfits refusing to ship ammo to NY?

Good question Doc. Over on the Cabelas site while looking at ammo, I notice they have a yellow box that list about 1/2 doz. states that they have restrictions, and New York is one of them.

Gotta be a Gander Mountain thing. Cheaper Than Dirt and other places on the net ship to NY with no issues.

Well WNYBuckHunter, I went over to the Cheaper Than Dirt site and they have the Remington Accutips I'm looking for, 11.16 a box, still a darn good price. So I put an order with them and it excepted and said it ships to my address. So maybe it is a store policy. The thing is I only live about 6 miles away from the Gander Mtn store in Cicero, NY. But they have been out of stock since early last fall. And their price is 17.99 a box!! Thanks for the tip! I think I just found a new place to shop.

Well WNYBuckHunter, I went over to the Cheaper Than Dirt site and they have the Remington Accutips I'm looking for, 11.16 a box, still a darn good price. So I put an order with them and it excepted and said it ships to my address. So maybe it is a store policy. The thing is I only live about 6 miles away from the Gander Mtn store in Cicero, NY. But they have been out of stock since early last fall. And their price is 17.99 a box!! Thanks for the tip! I think I just found a new place to shop.

I live near the Cicero Gander as well, and they always seem to be out of ammo, every time I go in there the shelves are spotty. Not to mention their prices are always on the high side. Most of the ammo sites I have seen have no issue sending to NY.

Gander has a ship to store option that is free. Not sure if this would help? I am thinking you could order what you want then hit ship to store and see if that works. I doubt it would tell you you can't send ammo to the store address where they sell ammo. Who knows? Might be worth a shot.

Edited by 88GW

No problem. Thats where I usually order from if I order on the net. MidwayUSA and others will ship here no problem as well.

i liked gander when they first came to my area about 5 years ago but that fizzled fast high prices crappy sales and really crappy customer services.

Actually, when it comes to ammo, I haven't bought any for a long time. I generally automatically buy the dies for any new caliber rifle that I buy and purchase whatever components that I need and build my own ammo. In fact that policy is one of the reasons that I have stopped going to Gander Mountain. Reloading is how I found out just what a rip-off Gander can be. I bought an electronic powder measure from there and found out later that I paid nearly twice as much for it as I would have if I had gone to Midway, or Bass-pro or any number of other places. Usually the price difference isn't quite that dramatic, but I have found that Gander is consistantly higher than other sources. The other thing that drives me up a wall is the way they stock products, or more specifically, don't stock products. For me, it is more than a half hour drive to their store, and to finally get there and discover that they don't even have something as common as a .222 shell-holder just about sent me through the roof. After that I kept a lookout, and it was more than 3 weeks before they ever got that stocked. Other bullet building components are extremely hit or miss and always the most expensive. Now I would rather get in the car and head for Auburn Bass-pro. It takes almost twice as long, but at least I know I can walk in there and get what I want.

Of course we do have a top-notch local supplier in East Rochester called Beikirch (sp?). Good prices, good selections and lots of in-house expertise. That has become my "go-to" place whenever I want something without waiting for ordering and delivery.

Gander blew it as far as I am concerned. They were quite a novelty when they opened in Henrietta. I loved their store, and they seemed to have everything. Then they suddenly changed and basically became a rip-off joint with hap-hazard stocking policies and know-nothing personel. I don't think the change has escaped the notice of other area sportsmen too as the customers there have gotten fewer and fewer.

Gander blew it as far as I am concerned. They were quite a novelty when they opened in Henrietta. I loved their store, and they seemed to have everything. Then they suddenly changed and basically became a rip-off joint with hap-hazard stocking policies and know-nothing personel. I don't think the change has escaped the notice of other area sportsmen too as the customers there have gotten fewer and fewer.

I agree, 100%. When I do go there, its usually as a last resort, or because I know for a fact they have something for a great deal. Up until 2 years ago, I would go in there and spend an hour or more just poking around. Now, if Im in there more than 20 minutes, its a miracle.

I did go there to look at some guns recently, and to my surprise they were outrageously priced (Im being sarcastic about the surprise part). I also bought a new cabinet smoker there last weekend, but that was because it was on sale for a good price, and I had been watching them for a while.

I think Gander is pricey on all their items compared to Dicks. I sometimes wonder how they stay in business. I was looking for arrow flechting & Grander had them on sale & they were 2 bucks higher than Dicks not on sale for the same thing & their used gun prices are nuts. jmo