Vaccination

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No masks in Tampa, but kids in school need to wear a mask? This country is a fucking joke.

Why don’t they ban cigarettes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My daughter just turned 5 the other day ,she needs to wear a mask for 8 hours at school ,with an occasion 5 min break  and lunch .I’m borderline on the verge of pulling her out of school for the year ,it makes me sick .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 2

My daughter just turned 5 the other day ,she needs to wear a mask for 8 hours at school ,with an occasion 5 min break  and lunch .I’m borderline on the verge of pulling her out of school for the year ,it makes me sick .

Yea I couldn’t do it. Luckily my daughter is only 19 months so I don’t have to deal with it yet. I know a lot of people who switched to private schools for young kids to avoid the masks

Hey if you do that she may wind up just as “smart” as her daddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

Hey if you do that she may wind up just as “smart” as her daddy

You clown ,you don’t know me .you have the balls to talk shit about my daughter over a computer and that’s it 

Edited by WNYTRPR

5 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

You clown ,you don’t know me .you have the balls to talk shit about my daughter over a computer and that’s it 

Don't sweat this guy. It's just one more personal attack by him. It has been an ongoing pattern with a few here that pull this shit! I doubt any are actually doctors or medical experts, but they like to play it on this site as if they are.

• Like 2

Have the districts that have vocal parent groups speak out against masks at board meeting made any traction? Or have they just accepted it as well since it’s really the only option. Most private schools are wearing masks by me…one of which opened yesterday for day one with kids and was remote today and for the next 9 days I think due to a positive case.

How do we feel about parents calling teachers demanding to know if they have been vaccinated?

Yea I couldn’t do it. Luckily my daughter is only 19 months so I don’t have to deal with it yet. I know a lot of people who switched to private schools for young kids to avoid the masks

Just curious....I thought all private schools as well as public in NY were mandated by Hocul to wesr masks?

Maybe you were referencing friends from other states?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just curious....I thought all private schools as well as public in NY were mandated by Hocul to wesr masks?

Maybe you were referencing friends from other states?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

My friends kids locally go to daycare / Pre K. They are not required to wear masks

55 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Sadly , I’m not surprised He said that to you ;Yet another example of a  “ Tolerant” non judgemental liberal Lol. 

Why don't you ever call Grouse out on his generalization condemnation of leftists? Oh,because you agree with him. 

Fast to call out the other side though.

33 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Why don't you ever call Grouse out on his generalization condemnation of leftists? Oh,because you agree with him. 

Fast to call out the other side though.

No , you are correct Mike , I should - fair point there . I just don’t find him to be quite as insulting as Chef , but to those on the left , he probably is . 

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Seems to me that the complaints about kids wearing masks are coming from the parents and not the kids.  Between my kids and their four cousins- all elementary/middle school ages- we never heard a single complaint from them about the masks.  Kids adapt to anything.  It's the parents who are making it an issue.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, virgil said:

Seems to me that the complaints about kids wearing masks are coming from the parents and not the kids.  Between my kids and their four cousins- all elementary/middle school ages- we never heard a single complaint from them about the masks.  Kids adapt to anything.  It's the parents who are making it an issue.

Are you sure? Not saying youre wrong, but your presuming that is so just because you didnt hear them complain about it verbally.  Amybe they complain to each other? If it impacts their learning, posing as a distraction , than its an issue IMHO. 

Sure, anyone can adapt. But what are the long term effects of mask wearing at that age? That can’t read lips, can’t see expressions, until they get off the bus and play with their friends maskless anyway?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Are you sure? Not saying youre wrong, but your presuming that is so just because you didnt hear them complain about it verbally.  Amybe they complain to each other? If it impacts their learning, posing as a distraction , than its an issue IMHO. 

If they had complaints, they would express them to their parents.  They get off the bus and jump in the car and i have to tell them to take the mask off.  They don't even seem to notice that it's there.  I really do believe that parents are creating this issue for the most part.  Sure, there are probably some kids with special needs or learning issues for whom it is a real issue.  But, i really doubt it is a problem for the majority.  I think that parents who see masks in schools as a political issue are teaching their kids that the masks are a problem as opposed to the kids telling the parents that the masks are causing problems for them in school.

My daughter is in high school and every day I’m off I pick her up from school with at least 1-4 of her friends and every day the first thing they do is complain about masks.

Just now, Buckmaster7600 said:

My daughter is in high school and every day I’m off I pick her up from school with at least 1-4 of her friends and every day the first thing they do is complain about masks.

I could see it being more of an issue to high school kids than younger kids.  Unfortunately, at least in our district, the high school kids were testing positive at a much higher rate than the younger kids last year.  Probably more to do with whatever they're doing when they're not in school.

You really are a scumbag!

Why because I find it frustrating that people really think they are smarter than the majority of medical experts? That all of a sudden every idiot with a keyboard is a dr. These are not matters of opinion they are matters of fact and public health.

It’s really sad that getting our country out of a pandemic and doing things to protect the community has become political.

Why because I find it frustrating that people really think they are smarter than the majority of medical experts? That all of a sudden every idiot with a keyboard is a dr. These are not matters of opinion they are matters of fact and public health.

It’s really sad that getting our country out of a pandemic and doing things to protect the community has become political.

You’re literally the idiot with a key board!

• Like 2