Vaccination

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Obama said His 60th birthday party was low COVID risk because of the 'sophisticated, vaccinated crowd' who attended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So how would you “classify” yesterday’s Bills game?

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Ok so your work changed during this, many of us worked everyday just like normal and now you want to force them to be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are not forced to be fired,their choice. I don't get why people make such a big deal about the vaccination,or the masks for that matter.  They are an inconvenience,no more than that.

My wife works in a hospital and lots of people talk about quitting. She thinks good riddance if you work in the medical field and don't trust science enough to keep your job and get vaccinated. Why are these people working in the medical profession in the first place? 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the Chef's clients are a ways different than your "clientele" Buckmaster !!!

Hahah I sell to restaurants.. I’d say plenty of the people I deal with become the people he does.

Have you ever been in a professional kitchen before

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

Hahah I sell to restaurants.. I’d say plenty of the people I deal with become the people he does.

Have you ever been in a professional kitchen before

Not me personally but from my experience through friends they all like to party together after work and none of them are afraid to drink and do drugs to unwind LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chef said:

Some days yes and some days no… I’m a traveling sales rep. I go in and out of restaurants all order the north west east and mid Atlantic

Interesting are you familiar with Lineage ? My nephew is their CFO .

Interesting are you familiar with Lineage ? My nephew is their CFO .

I am yes, the are more of a logistics company than a distributor. They bought the old Maines warehouse in Binghamton, and picked up some of their chain business like Burger King… did they pick up Darden too ?

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

They are not forced to be fired,their choice. I don't get why people make such a big deal about the vaccination,or the masks for that matter.  They are an inconvenience,no more than that.

My wife works in a hospital and lots of people talk about quitting. She thinks good riddance if you work in the medical field and don't trust science enough to keep your job and get vaccinated. Why are these people working in the medical profession in the first place? 

Harvey Weinstein ring a bell, stick this in your body or loose your job no big deal right? Not to make light of rape, (thought of deleting this) but this is how I feel. 

I was always taught to trust but verify. The people who have taken the vaccine are the science and long term data that people like myself need to verify. Every day the MRNA vaccinated post here is a good day and one more day closer to me trusting the science and I truly appreciate the willingness of those who trusted for the ones that need verification. I hope your wife will find empathy for the people that need to verify as some like myself run low on trust. 

I highly regard what your wife has chosen for a profession. As nursing is not a easy job as my sister in law is one and my wife started in that direction but could not handle the bad outcomes that happen sometimes. And as we often clash on ideologies here I what to be clear that I am trying to be respectful to your wife and yourself. But for some people like myself we need to verify more then trust for one reason or another.

• Like 1

This will effect us all , to what degree remains to be seen . Nursing homes in Roch. are no longer taking new admissions, including any from hospitals, one doesn’t have the staff to prepare meals . So they are contracting with outside food vendors , with all the specialty dietary needs, that should work well…. Talk is some may be releasing Pts back to families .

This is not just nurses lol. It’s the guys who keep the lights on, the food prepared , lab workers . 

The ambulance company that contracts with Roch has been short staffed and running delayed and relying on outside ambulances to pick up the calls, which often doesn’t happen,  for some time . They can I’ll afford to lose any more employees, or rather you can’t .

Wait till it hits the short staffed trucking industry.Tyson the chicken folks just mandated the vac . They have 1300 drivers only half of which have the vac. 

This is an industry wide poll . Glad we’ve got months of food, and supplies …

publication Truckers News, 30% of company drivers said they would refuse a mandatory vaccine and force the employer to fire them. Another nearly 17% said they would claim a medical or religious exemption, while 16% said they would quit. Almost 7% said they would comply and get the vaccine. About 25% of drivers polled said they had already been vaccinated. 

• Like 2

This will effect us all , to what degree remains to be seen . Nursing homes in Roch. are no longer taking new admissions, including any from hospitals, one doesn’t have the staff to prepare meals . So they are contracting with outside food vendors , with all the specialty dietary needs, that should work well…. Talk is some may be releasing Pts back to families .
This is not just nurses lol. It’s the guys who keep the lights on, the food prepared , lab workers . 

The ambulance company that contracts with Roch has been short staffed and running delayed and relying on outside ambulances to pick up the calls, which often doesn’t happen,  for some time . They can I’ll afford to lose any more employees, or rather you can’t .
Wait till it hits the short staffed trucking industry.Tyson the chicken folks just mandated the vac . They have 1300 drivers only half of which have the vac. 

publication Truckers News, 30% of company drivers said they would refuse a mandatory vaccine and force the employer to fire them. Another nearly 17% said they would claim a medical or religious exemption, while 16% said they would quit. Almost 7% said they would comply and get the vaccine. About 25% of drivers polled said they had already been vaccinated. 

So the outside food contractors know what they are doing. Companies like Aramark, flik, compass group to name a few have been in that business for years. It will actually save the nursing homes money in the long run.

As one of Tysons largest customers nationally I can tell you they had no choice but to mandate the vaccines. They have had numerous plant closures due to outbreaks. I can also tell you that most of their over the road drivers are not corporate but LTL freight drivers. I can also tell you that companies like mine, Sysco, Usfoods will gladly backhaul any product we can if it is more readily available due to this mandate.

Just ask your nephew.

40 minutes ago, Chef said:

So the outside food contractors know what they are doing. Companies like Aramark, flik, compass group to name a few have been in that business for years. It will actually save the nursing homes money in the long run.

As one of Tysons largest customers nationally I can tell you they had no choice but to mandate the vaccines. They have had numerous plant closures due to outbreaks. I can also tell you that most of their over the road drivers are not corporate but LTL freight drivers. I can also tell you that companies like mine, Sysco, Usfoods will gladly backhaul any product we can if it is more readily available due to this mandate.

Just ask your nephew.

Love your optimism but we’re you not the guy saying Biden would not tax anyone more that made less than 400k. But have also said chicken is up 3x so 3x the sales tax before it reaches the consumer. More LTL and backhauls are going to raise the prices and tax to where? How far are you guys trucking out for backhaul as ny is not big chicken farming country? Might want to look into owner operator drivers bring it to you but that does nothing for the drivers bringing it to the slaughter house that are already getting refused now. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

Love your optimism but we’re you not the guy saying Biden would not tax anyone more that made less than 400k. But have also said chicken is up 3x so 3x the sales tax before it reaches the consumer. More LTL and backhauls are going to raise the prices and tax to where? How far are you guys trucking out for backhaul as ny is not big chicken farming country? Might want to look into owner operator drivers bring it to you but that does nothing for the drivers bringing it to the slaughter house that are already getting refused now. 

I work for one of the largest distributors in the nation. We would backhaul to our closest facility and move Internally from there

Nursing homes and patients have been shafted every step of the way since this began. Its an outrage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Chef said:

is due more to politics than science or medicine

And there lies one of the the reason's it's still an issue.

What politicians are making money off of the vaccine ?

What politicians are enjoying their power over the masses ?

If your vaccinated, why the fear of the unvaccinated, just let them die, like Cuomo did with the elderly in the nursing homes ?

Science also said the world was flat, until someone challenged that thought.

The data is there, and it contradicts what the experts are claiming.

People that have been vaccinated and boosted, are getting the new vaccine resistant strains of covid.

Hence why Israel citizens are getting their second booster shot.

Maybe this time it'll work ?  Oy vey !!

Should we charge the hospitalized vaccinated people for taking up much needed space too ?

How about no one can eat indoors till you show proof that you got the booster shot ?

Cause if you really cared about the human race Chef, you'd have the booster shot.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chef said:

I work for one of the largest distributors in the nation. We would backhaul to our closest facility and move Internally from there

I know a little bit about your industry as my buddy worked as middle management for the company that sued the big chicken conglomerates. I also know a lot about the trucking industry and driver demographics this is where it gets bad. Currently working for a company that does a lot with the freezing end for the companies you most likely buy from. Not saying your chicken is frozen but most is. As it a low end common product that we produce in our process. But the tax is what after the increase in prices?

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

33 minutes ago, Chef said:

And then who's going to receive, stock, cook, serve and clean up after you drop a pallet on the loading dock ?

Maybe we should mandate that the FDA check all of the food that's being shipped by Sysco/US foods for Covid before it leaves the warehouse ?

We can't take any chances of accidentally delivering covid to an account,  can we chef ?

You think that would have an effect on the delivery times and cost of the products your selling ?

For the sake of humanity chef, you should bring that up to the District managers in the tri state area.

Just make sure you have a backup plan.