Who's not getting the shot?

nybuckboy

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

WHO is out of their minds? We teachers have no choice but to do what we are told and follow protocol. Unfortunately that is still the protocol- pointless as I may think I still don’t have a choice. Please keep the teacher bashing to tenure, 8:00-3:00, and summers off ...not directed at TCIII specifically but he will do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but its still useless, even if you have to comply. 

• Like 2

Got my 2nd shot  Saturday  got sick  today was the first day I felt better . Wasn't going to get it but  with 14 people at work out with covid and another every 2 days . Plus my husband hangs out with a group of guys and they all caught it  2 died . I got scared .  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Got my 2nd shot  Saturday  got sick  today was the first day I felt better . Wasn't going to get it but  with 14 people at work out with covid and another every 2 days . Plus my husband hangs out with a group of guys and they all caught it  2 died . I got scared .  

And I don't fault you or anyone else that decides it's in there best interest. What I hate is the pro vacation, bashing those that don't want it. 

• Like 1

And I don't fault you or anyone else that decides it's in there best interest. What I hate is the pro vacation, bashing those that don't want it. 

Everyone should be pro-vacation!!!
Vaccination well that’s your own choice!
Sorry...too easy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now that I got the completed vaccine card, I guess I am free to fly to Europe, go on a cruise, or a hockey game if I want.  Hopefully, it wont be too much longer until that card lets one do away with the mask entirely.   

That’s why I got my card, I’m just hoping the idiots in charge start opening everything. I’ll flash my card like it’s my job if It can stop the stupidity!

• Like 1

WHO is out of their minds? We teachers have no choice but to do what we are told and follow protocol. Unfortunately that is still the protocol- pointless as I may think I still don’t have a choice. Please keep the teacher bashing to tenure, 8:00-3:00, and summers off ...not directed at TCIII specifically but he will do!

The ones still mandating that masks be worn outside. I feel bad for the students and the teachers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The ones still mandating that masks be worn outside. I feel bad for the students and the teachers

IF you are on the road today, count what you see more of- dead deer or solo maskless drivers!

• Like 1

ive been into multiple local small businesses and walk in and i am the only one wearing a mask - for about 10 seconds- then i join in. People are done with it.  We need to move on.  Get vaccinated , dont get vaccinated, up to each person. But I say the state says its open to everyone to get now on a walk in basis, you have 45 days to get it which includes your first shot, second shot and 14 day vaccination period after, then all masks go away.  If you didnt get the vacccine its your choice and on you now.  Im getting to the point i will wear it at work, but getting close to bagging it everywhere else.  Over half the county has lifted the mandate and we get..... - you dont have to order food anymore with a drink.......Eff that.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, crappyice said:

Everyone should be pro-vacation!!!
Vaccination well that’s your own choice!
Sorry...too easy

Auto correct, and a couple rum & cokes are to blame, lol.

• Like 1

I am over the masking too. At a certain point it has to stop, but I do think people will still wear them culturally down the road. When sick, some people will wear them, etc. It's not just about air pollution. That said we're becoming more populated as a nation. 

But, I'm ready to be done with masks. 

My neighbors houses and yards have never looked so good . What they are "getting away with " while working from home is nuts. Yet some employers like mine have been full throttle from day one . The state needs to figure masks out soon, but I feel some offices will still require them 

45 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

July 1 = NYC 100% reopening Diblasio announced today, as expected. I'll never go back 5x. Looks like 2X per week at the max. Thank you covid!

Don't be too sure about that.  If you think employers like paying people to not show up to work, I've got some news for you.  Lots of people moved to different states thinking they'd never have to return to the office again.  My office is expecting them back at least 3 days a week for starters and then full time once 100% office capacity is allowed.  The best they can hope for is that one day work from home they that they've were entitled to pre-COVID.  If humanity thinks they will just be sitting on their tuffs at home with their feet in the air, or mowing lawns, doing house chores during the work day for the rest of their lives and still be getting a full paycheck they are in for a rude awakening.  It's only a matter of time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Don't be too sure about that.  If you think employers like paying people to not show up to work, I've got some news for you.  Lots of people moved to different states thinking they'd never have to return to the office again.  My office is expecting them back at least 3 days a week for starters and then full time once 100% office capacity is allowed.  The best they can hope for is that one day work from home they that they've were entitled to pre-COVID.  If humanity thinks they will just be sitting on their tuffs at home with their feet in the air, or mowing lawns, doing house chores during the work day for the rest of their lives and still be getting a full paycheck they are in for a rude awakening.  It's only a matter of time.

Yes, every company is different. I know for a fact I'm not going back 5x unless I want to. It's why I have been looking at houses over the border in CT. I'd be willing to do a longer commute since it would only be a few times per month. If I had middle school or HS kids running around my house I would have gone back 5x like several of my coworkers last May. It's tough to concentrate with all that ruckus. 

BTW, we had 2x per week work from home pre-covid as an option.

If you know people who moved without finalizing arrangements first, those are some pretty stupid people to make a risky move like that.  I dont feel bad for them.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yes, every company is different. I know for a fact I'm not going back 5x unless I want to. It's why I have been looking at houses over the border in CT. I'd be willing to do a longer commute since it would only be a few times per month. If I had middle school or HS kids running around my house I would have gone back 5x like several of my coworkers last May. It's tough to concentrate with all that ruckus. 

BTW, we had 2x per week work from home pre-covid as an option.

If you know people who moved without finalizing arrangements first, those are some pretty stupid people to make a risky move like that.  I dont feel bad for them.

Do you know for a fact that you will be keeping this same job for the rest of your life?  Companies get bought out, can change policies or go south in a blink of an eye.  NO guarantees that things will remain the same forever.

47 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Do you know for a fact that you will be keeping this same job for the rest of your life?  Companies get bought out, can change policies or go south in a blink of an eye.  NO guarantees that things will remain the same forever.

Of course, that's anything in life. But working from home is easier and more effective then ever. I remember 10 years ago having the RSA token thing on my keychain that changed numbers so i could work from home. Technology has come a long way in the past 10 years.

Of course, that's anything in life. But working from home is easier and more effective then ever. I remember 10 years ago having the RSA token thing on my keychain that changed numbers so i could work from home. Technology has come a long way in the past 10 years.
Those keychain things were a major pain in the ass. Glad they switched to an app version then straight VPN all together

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

Just wait until the second child makes an arrival.........

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Cuomo update:

May 7, NYC indoor dining goes to 75% capacity.

Doesn't help most places.  Still have to stay 6' apart. No way can't the get 75% capacity while adhering to the 6' rule. 

• Like 1