OOPs talk about having a bad day!!!

erussell

I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often. I have seen trees and heavy limbs come down in the woods several times over the years, and they weren't always that far away. And some of the crazy winds we have been having this year ..... well, the woods can be a dangerous place .... lol.

By the way, I wonder what is wrong with the carrion eaters there that they haven't stripped that carcass long before the picture was taken. That deer would never look anything like that at that stage of decomposition if it were laying around here.

Sorry guys, that photo is sooooo staged. Look at the tree limb. It's got at least a couple of seasons rot on it. If this thing were real, the mere sudden sound of the crack of what supposedly must have been a VERY large and HEAVY tree, to pin that buck and or break his neck, would have sent the VERY CLOSE buck rocketing in an opposite direction. Ever see a buck jump the shot because of the sound of the bow strings ?????? I think an arrow is quicker and is much quieter than a rotten tree. It's an interesting picture but not buying it. Let me see the rest of the tree, you know , THE WHOLE PICTURE !!!!

• Like 1

Looks pretty green in pic soouthern ohio??.. but stranger things have happenedremember the moose strung up by high power lines?, as for jumping a shot, deer hear limbs and trees fall all the time so it might not of done anything but get hit on the neck breaking it. im sure it happens a lot more than we see. can't be everywhere with the camera.

pic is from magazine i don't think its staged, i seen pic of beavers hit by their own tree they were cutting down. i think we a humans think animals we respect are actually smartet than they are rather than just the instinctual creatures that they are.

• Like 1

I have been in heavy wind storms in the woods where just about every other sound is over-powered by the sound of the wind whipping through the trees. Also not every breaking tree makes a whole lot of noise. Plus deer don't always react to every sound in the woods. Some of these deer that have been around a few seasons like to locate the origin of a sound before they react. I think that something like this could easily happen.

Of course no pics from magazines are ever staged. I know the winds you speak of. Human ears don't even remotely compare to a deer's. We lose every time. Not that i have to remind anyone, but deer are among the toughest animals out there, powerful beyond imagination, and very durable. I've seen deer bounce off of cars- 2 tons worth !!!!!, moving rather quickly and prance right into the woods, No broken necks or legs. Insides probably were mashed and most likely died later. But nonetheless, pranced right away.This tree would have to have been very big with enough momentum to cause a CLEANLY broken neck thereby causing death. The picture suggests it died instantly. A tree this big, even in the fiercest windstorms, falls much slower than most think. Ever seen a giant tree felled. Dang thing takes forever to hit the ground. Even without foliage. A big tree breaking rumbles the ground with no exceptions. I had a big pine break off in the yard one storm and we felt the tremors in the house 100 feet away. I'm not saying it's impossible, just very, very, very improbable. Wouldn't you like to see the picture including the WHOLE "tree" ? Hmmmmm. I wonder why that doesn't exist. It would be at least the second most logical picture to take. Maybe the photographer can be reached to see if he has other photos. He must if it's legit. Also very Interesting that the very tip of this tree or branch is what did him in. The tree is quite rotten. More age than the dead deer carcass for sure. That wood is light and hollow. C'mon guys,look at it. Wouldn't a tree big enough to do this have broken the rack ? Even a little bit ? Apparently not. I guess muscle and bone is weaker than antler alone . NOPE. I take back what I said earlier. This is fake.

I bet it didn't snap his neck. It looks to me like it landed on him and pinched him between the ground and the tree trunk, kind of like a stanchion, while the the other limb pinned his shoulders down. I have a feeling that this deer died a horrible agonizing death.

There are millions of deer in the world. Odds are that a deer, at one time or another is going to slip up and get himself killed Darwin style. I've watched a large tree limb fall into a field no more than 15 yard away from an old nosy doe and she didn' t flinch. Soon as I tried to itch my nose.....

I bet it didn't snap his neck. It looks to me like it landed on him and pinched him between the ground and the tree trunk, kind of like a stanchion, while the the other limb pinned his shoulders down. I have a feeling that this deer died a horrible agonizing death.

There are millions of deer in the world. Odds are that a deer, at one time or another is going to slip up and get himself killed Darwin style. I've watched a large tree limb fall into a field no more than 15 yard away from an old nosy doe and she didn' t flinch. Soon as I tried to itch my nose.....

That was my thought when I saw the picture. It looks like he could have been pinned in that position just from the weight of the tree. What a way to go that would be.

some other pics of the limb ...50' cherry looks like some was cleared to get to it and autopsy showed broken neck vertabre. wow someone really worked hard to fake this..lol.. it happens..... oh limb doesnt look all that rotted to me just bark coming off and if you think a 50' cherry limb is light cause its rotted , come over i'll hit you with one ;)

post-899-0-99461500-1331902696_thumb.jpg

post-899-0-12374600-1331902724_thumb.jpg

post-899-0-55083700-1331902738_thumb.jpg

Edited by G-Man

Of course no pics from magazines are ever staged. I know the winds you speak of. Human ears don't even remotely compare to a deer's. We lose every time. Not that i have to remind anyone, but deer are among the toughest animals out there, powerful beyond imagination, and very durable. I've seen deer bounce off of cars- 2 tons worth !!!!!, moving rather quickly and prance right into the woods, No broken necks or legs. Insides probably were mashed and most likely died later. But nonetheless, pranced right away.This tree would have to have been very big with enough momentum to cause a CLEANLY broken neck thereby causing death. The picture suggests it died instantly. A tree this big, even in the fiercest windstorms, falls much slower than most think. Ever seen a giant tree felled. Dang thing takes forever to hit the ground. Even without foliage. A big tree breaking rumbles the ground with no exceptions. I had a big pine break off in the yard one storm and we felt the tremors in the house 100 feet away. I'm not saying it's impossible, just very, very, very improbable. Wouldn't you like to see the picture including the WHOLE "tree" ? Hmmmmm. I wonder why that doesn't exist. It would be at least the second most logical picture to take. Maybe the photographer can be reached to see if he has other photos. He must if it's legit. Also very Interesting that the very tip of this tree or branch is what did him in. The tree is quite rotten. More age than the dead deer carcass for sure. That wood is light and hollow. C'mon guys,look at it. Wouldn't a tree big enough to do this have broken the rack ? Even a little bit ? Apparently not. I guess muscle and bone is weaker than antler alone . NOPE. I take back what I said earlier. This is fake.

First off, stop making it sound like deer are some magical, invincible, genius of a creature. They are instinctual animals that can be killed rather easily. Theres a difference between bouncing off a car and not getting hurt, and taking a fatal blow and making an adrenaline fueled run for your life, only to collapse after a couple hundred yards (seconds later) in some woods, hedgerow or field. Also, their hearing has been proven to be comparable to a human's in sensitivity, but they can turn their ears individually to pin point the sound with less head movement. Thats their advantage.

Second, the "tremor" you felt in the house wasnt the tree falling, it was the impact of it hitting the ground.

Click on the link and look through the 5 pics, there are more views showing more branch parts on top of the carcass.