Somehow that thing just magically appeared in the truck...

Was heading down to Ohio this past weekend. Stopped at Sportsman's Warehouse in Erie for supplies. Checked for ammo and noticed several CVA Cascades on the rack. Been debating on a 350 Legend and wouldn't you know it, they had one. It spoke to me. Said...."Buy me."

So....what kind of glass should I look at? I am not a Leupold fan. Hate to say it but I've had horrible experiences with them and I know I am the minority. But open to other options.

And I have plenty of ammo for it. Deer Season XP in 150 and also the Hornady 165 gr.

838956AD-E673-44F3-8DFD-95A41C6D2473.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 15

I am surprised on you thoughts on Leupold. I had one scope I thought was buggers new, but on trouble shooting I found that I poorly torqued the ring screws...uneven or too much and it makes the scope wacky. No damage done and was perfect after. A scope mounting torque wrench is your friend. 

My only other advice is to be sure NOT to get too much glass ( magnification wise). Buy for the ranges you realistically hunt...for me, that is well within 75 yards. Who cares about potential range of the gun, groups, etc. if you will never shoot greater than 80 feet? (not saying that is you, but a huge number of folks buy high power glass for baseball range shooting).

Beautiful gun and a caliber that you won't be disappointed with. I run the 180gr Power Points and so far I love 'em. As far as an optic, I'm partial to Nikon, but with them not in the game anymore I worry about customer service / warranty issues. Also, the .350 is only good to about 200 yds or so, so there's no need to go overkill on a big scope.

• 3 weeks later...

I have scopes from vortex, nikon, and leupold. They all seem great and dependable. Whatever you get I'd highly recommend getting a scope with standard moa hash marks. I have both vortex viper pst and leupold vx freedom scopes that do. No caliber specific Bdc garbage. They're never exact enough to your specific gun and load.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk