Something a little different...

WNY Bowhunter

This is the first doe that I've ever mounted. It was actually a car kill from near the Seneca Army Depot (not a true albino). I was glad that it came out alright as the cape was very bloody with a lot of road rash on the top of the head that had to be cut out and stitched up.

20210813_073655.jpg

20210813_073859.jpg

20210813_073958.jpg

20210813_073749.jpg

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Even the viens in the nose area, talking about paying careful attention to detail, you my friend are very talented and have found your calling in life. Great work!!

Thanks. Luckily my cape tanning guy shaves the cape pretty thin to show more detail. 

Just now, WNY Bowhunter said:

Thanks. Luckily my cape tanning guy shaves the cape pretty thin to show more detail. 

I'm sure that helps but most taxidermist don't go to your extent, I can immediately see when a person takes pride in thier craft and at the same time are talented enough to pull off such great mounts, just awesome!!  Keep it up bud, you are doing a great service for the hunting community and preserving such an great animal.

6 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

I'm sure that helps but most taxidermist don't go to your extent, I can immediately see when a person takes pride in thier craft and at the same time are talented enough to pull off such great mounts, just awesome!!  Keep it up bud, you are doing a great service for the hunting community and preserving such an great animal.

Thanks again for the compliments! All that I know for certain for this coming fall is that I definitely want to take in FEWER heads than I did in '20. Easier said than done, but I can only do so much on a weekend only schedule. 

• Like 1