Todays Chuckle thread

WNYBuckHunter

50 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Wolc you're down in Westchester this weekend?!

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Yes sir, Friday and Saturday night, and that’s where I am eating. I am a very fussy eater and used to subsisting on a mostly wild game diet.  That’s the only downstate food joint that has met my standards for quality, service, and value.   

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Yes sir, Friday and Saturday night, and that’s where I am eating. I am a very fussy eater and used to subsisting on a mostly wild game diet.  That’s the only downstate food joint that has met my standards for quality service, and value.   

What's the standard meal of choice? They have an extended menu. Gyro sounds good.

[mention=5805]wolc123[/mention]
[mention=762]Chef[/mention]
[mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention]
[mention=3682]The Jerkman[/mention]
How close is that to Danbury, CT?  I’ll be there this weekend. 
Maybe 40 mins. Danbury is relatively close to me. I usually go to the Costco in Brookfield for gas

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Yes sir, Friday and Saturday night, and that’s where I am eating. I am a very fussy eater and used to subsisting on a mostly wild game diet.  That’s the only downstate food joint that has met my standards for quality, service, and value.   
What are you doing down here?

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

51 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

What's the standard meal of choice? They have an extended menu. Gyro sounds good.

Last time I was there (late August), I had a rueben for lunch and salmon for dinner.  Both were very good.

7 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Our daughter’s high school field hockey team is playing in the state high school championship tournament this weekend on Long Island. 

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Last time I was there (late August), I had a rueben for lunch and salmon for dinner.  Both were very good.

Our daughter’s high school field hockey team is playing in the state high school championship tournament this weekend on Long Island. 

Rueben's are great. One of my favorites. We order them out and cook them at home.

29 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Memorial mass on Saturday for my sister that passed away on what I call Day One of Covid, March 19, 2020.  Seems so very long ago, but we are finally able to have a Mass and family gathering for her memory.   Probably wouldn’t be a great time for a GTG, but just noticed that several members that I have never met (I did meet Biz in Buffalo once) would be in the same area at the same time. 

Memorial mass on Saturday for my sister that passed away on what I call Day One of Covid, March 19, 2020.  Seems so very long ago, but we are finally able to have a Mass and family gathering for her memory.   Probably wouldn’t be a great time for a GTG, but just noticed that several members that I have never met (I did meet Biz in Buffalo once) would be in the same area at the same time. 
Ah man I'm sorry to hear that! We as a forum definitely need another G2G hopefully we can get something going in the Winter/Spring again

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Any chance you or Chef might be able to make a GTG at Eldorado in Elmsford tomorrow or Saturday ?

Sorry, just saw this now. I live in Yorktown Heights like 25 min. from Elmsford, but on Dad duty tonight so I can hunt tomorrow morning. @Chef is just over the Tappan Zee Bridge even closer.

13 hours ago, Otto said:

@wolc123

@Chef

@Biz-R-OWorld

@The Jerkman

How close is that to Danbury, CT?  I’ll be there this weekend. 

I live in Yorktown Heights like 25 min. from Danbury. Actually that area is where we have been looking to move and almost did August. We want the Danbury amenities (restaurants, schools, Candlewood Lake, etc.) but live in one of the surrounding towns with better schools (Ridgefield, Brookfield, New Fairfield). I saw you mentioned it's probably not a great GTG weekend anyway, but I'm hunting tomorrow and hitting a brewery with in laws on Sunday. But hopefully one of the other guys can meet you for a drink. If you need any Danbury recommendations on restaurants let me know! there's a ton of great options!

My sister and brother in law lived in Ridgefield.  Beautiful area and they loved the schools, etc. It's amazing what the houses go for there!  But you may be more used to it being in that general area.  My BIL moved but is still in Ridgefield.  I think he has pretty much the whole weekend planned out between the mass, catered lunch, another mass on Sunday, then brunch.....and I think my wife would lose it completely if I left her with my family while I went and had a brew with the HuntingNY forum guys!  Then again, she may want to come along with me! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Where on the Island? Maybe some coffee? Only 2 is not a GTG tho.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Where on the Island? Maybe some coffee? Only 2 is not a GTG tho.

18 minutes ago, cdbing said:

If Wolc is loose on the Island I'd make it 3 for an official gtg.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My notes indicate the Field Hockey Final Four is at Centereach?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cdbing said:

@wolc123
@squirrelwhisperer
Looks like the game is at 2 pm on Saturday at Centereach high school.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That’s it and I hope you can make it because we could use all the fans that we can get.  I think the opponents might be from LI and are ranked around 2nd in the state.  

Our daughter’s team is ranked twenty something I think, but they are 18:0 this year, including their 3 playoff wins.  I just talked to her on the phone, and they loved the big charter bus ride out here.

I am hoping they can pull the upset tomorrow and play again Sunday for the finals.  If not, my consolation prize might be one last archery season hunt at home Sunday afternoon. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, wolc123 said:

That’s it and I hope you can make it because we could use all the fans that we can get.  I think the opponents might be from LI and are ranked around 2nd in the state.  

Our daughter’s team is ranked twenty something I think, but they are 18:0 this year, including their 3 playoff wins.  I just talked to her on the phone, and they loved the big charter bus ride out here.

I am hoping they can pull the upset tomorrow and play again Sunday for the finals.  If not, my consolation prize might be one last archery season hunt at home Sunday afternoon. 

Wishing your daughter and her team good luck!!! I love an underdog! Go get em girls!!!!

Have fun with the SENY GTG!! Some great guys down there!

• Like 2