Big ole deadhead...

Any idea on cause of death? Do you or your Uncle recognize the buck from trail cam pics or scouting from last season? Would break my heart to find a buck like that dead on the property impressive rack!

I guess its interesting to note that there were 5 bucks last year (including this one) that scored over 140 that came from this square mile block of creekbottom. A neighbor found a 155" 8-pt. laying dead under an apple tree while mowing his yard a couple of weeks ago, there was a 150" 8-pt. killed by his neighbor during gun season, another neighbor killed a 141" main-frame 8-pt., and another neighbor killed a 150 class 11-pt. with a 25.5" inside spread on the opening day of gun season.

Thanks guys. I actually don't hunt this area but I do shed hunt some of the local farms. I guess this explains why I wasn't having any luck finding big sheds there this spring. My uncle does hunt here and had never seen this buck before. At least he didn't go unrecovered.