Political Compass Test

1 minute ago, ncountry said:

Interesting. I ended up slightly left of the neutral line 1/3 of the way down libertarian..

It's funny, in answering the question I had no earthly idea where I would end up. 

I think this is a good way of showing how perspective and worldview shape our thoughts and opinions. It's not that any of us are out to destroy the country, but just that we look at the world through a different lens. Thanks for sharing this @Water Rat.

So I would have to wonder ... do most people  feel this test or survey  has them more liberal or on center than they believed they were.  I know I tend to be more conservative than most of my friends and family . 

I believe it was designed  to move you left with the nature of the questions . As I recall in college social class most surveys are geared to steer answers to get the appropriate response as needed to prove theory or approval. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

So I would have to wonder ... do most people  feel this test or survey  has them more liberal or on center than they believed they were.  I know I tend to be more conservative than most of my friends and family . 

I believe it was designed  to move you left with the nature of the questions . As I recall in college social class most surveys are geared to steer answers to get the appropriate response as needed to prove theory or approval. 

Yes, I agree. I would question the "more authoritarian" point of view as being included on the right in this survey, for example.  In fact, as we all know, the opposite is actually true.

If you need a survey like that to decide where you stand politically, you are not thinking for yourself and are allowing an abstract to define you with a label.

Most of the questions involve complicated issues that cannot be answered with these survey answers.

Too much today defines everything as black, white or grey, when the definition should be limited to right or wrong.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, coonhunter said:

I thought it was set up and scored on the assumption that the right hates gays, abortion, and wants the rich to get richer. Mine came out just to the right of Northcountryman, and that is not even close to my leaning.

Correct , which again, may have been true 20 yrs ago, but is not even close to reality now . 

6 hours ago, Grouse said:

If you need a survey like that to decide where you stand politically, you are not thinking for yourself and are allowing an abstract to define you with a label.

Most of the questions involve complicated issues that cannot be answered with these survey answers.

Too much today defines everything as black, white or grey, when the definition should be limited to right or wrong.

Dont need the test . Was more curious as to what it was and its objective.  Knowing that the left has realized they have alienated most moderates  and driven them  right  or to their detriment  far right they are attempting to pull people back. If they can make people believe that their political norms aren't  that different then they could get the sheep in line and pull some votes in the next election cycle .

Just   Sunday morning thinking over a cup of coffee.