bow season opener on oct 1?

TeeBugg

I tried looking through the NYS Legislative schedule and pending bills.

Found nothing! Like someone mentioned it could be buried in with another bill.

Did hear on the news that they are pushing through a lot of meaningless bills before summer recess that will ultimately get vetoed.

I.E.; Medicinal pot, Micro-stamping bullets, etc

Apparently a ploy to get their efficiency #s padded.

Also they may or may not be called back into session before break is over & the fall elections.

Most likely the DEC would be a better contact, since it's their bill & mgmt plan.

• Like 1

Latest reMail response from DEC concerning the status of the proposed Whitetail Mgmt Plan (6/18/2012);

"The proposed big game regulatory changes are still pending executive (DEC Commissioner) approval. They never needed to be acted on by the Legislature. The public comment period ended May 21, but the commissioner still needs to sign off. Changes cannot be considered final until this happens. It is our hope this can happen in time for the changes to become effective this fall, the exact time line is out of our hands right now.

Tentative changes include:

- Youth firearms season Columbus weekend (statewide)

- SZ bow opening Oct 1

- Adjust NZ muzz and reg season start dates

- add late bow season in NZ

- Allow DMPs in NZ bow and early muzz

- add units 3A, 4G, 4O, 4P, 4R, 4S, and 4W to mandatory AR units

- Simplify description of area open for January firearms season to include Suffolk Co

- Adjust bears seasons statewide to stay consistent with deer season changes

- Correct a particular road name in the boundary description for WMUs 5A and 5C

Art Kirsch

Sr. Wildlife Biologist

NYS DEC, Bureau of Wildlife

6274 E. Avon-Lima Rd.

Avon, NY 14414

(585) 226-5461 Voice

(585) 226-6323 Fax

[email protected] "

I really hope this passes for this fall. I hunt in 4r and 4s and we need the antler restrictions badly. Most bucks in this area dont live past 1.5 years old. Also the Oct 1st opener for bow would be nice. I usually hunt Long island from Oct 1st until bow opens upsate but it would be nice to have a choice and try to hunt the bucks i have been watching all summer before they change their patterns during the pre rut.

John

I was at a family gathering this weekend and my wifes uncle is a Hunting Instructor and we was told they can't do any bow classes after Oct 1.

I am also an instructor and have heard nothing about this. Why would the state care when you did a class? If you choose to put on a class after season is open, it is your choice. Makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...