Hunting Blind Almost complete

I used OSB for the walls and roof. I painted it with a high quality primer and paint. The camo is just a dark green and dark brown that was sprayed over leaves from surrounding trees and bushes. I am going to build a ladder from pressure treated lumber next week. The elevator brackets for the legs were a home run. I will also be anchoring it to the ground using cables. Thanks for the input everyone.

Lookin good,I was thinking of building one the only problem I have is that my 100 Lab loves to come and sit with me.He will sit there all day with out a peep out of him.We had deer walk 20 feet in front of us and he will not spook them at all.He does not climb lattres,stairs would be a project in it self.I was thinking of a trap door in the floor with a block and tackle on the roof rafters and one of the safety rescue vests to put around him and haul him up.

I hunted from something like that once,just a temp.thing.But you shure can see a lot more from that height and that one looks as if you can be nice and comfey in all types of weather in that one.The more time you spend in the woods the more you will see.Distance is not a problem as far as getting a shot,set up markers so you know the distance and set up targets at those distances and practice,practice.There are 2 months to go in the SZ plenty of time to Practice.

:hunter:

Just curious....why the big tower blind? how far are the shots? why not hunt from the ground or a treestand?

Look's like he built a hous for Bigfoot.This is a great way to insure the allday/nite hunt's go as planed if I had the land to do this I sure would.A staircase is needed for this tower,also a gambrel and hoist under to hang the game.

Did you take any "in the process" pics? I would like to enclose mine, but have no idea where to start. Did you screw or nail the walls to the floor? I've been using a pop-up blind on top of mine.

You're really gonna appreciate this stand on those rainy or snowy cold days, when you're dry and warm inside drinking hot coffee all stretched out, looking outside thinking about all those poor suckers out in the weather! LOL

I use a propane buddy heater and have a single propane burner, that I use for warming up cans of soup and coffee... Sure helps on those all day sits (and naps)!! NICE!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin Fever, I used 2x3 to frame out the walls and secured them together with galvanized screws. I then secured them to deck using galvanized lag bolts. I positioned the bottom of the windows at 40 inches (this is the height in the majority of the pre-built blinds). For the height of the window, I built a temporary and practiced shooting my bow through it to get the proper height for me. I built frames the same size as the openings and attached Plexiglass to it and attached it to the blind using hinges at the bottom. I the enclosed the whole thing using OSB (on the next one I plan on using plywood). I painted it with a high quality outdoor paint. I do have in process pictures that I will send to you.