Best pics of the summer...

Well, I'm still in a funk for getting pics of a few bruiser bucks that I've been seeing. For some reason, I just can't get them to step in front of my cameras...

Anyways, I ended up checking one of my cams this morning that is set up in an open field to see if the wind screwed with it over the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see that this guy (I've decide to call him "Jack'd Up") stopped by this morning to give me a good look at his headgear. Looks like he's got a little tine/beam length left to add on to the front...but is pretty much fully grown at this point. Now if only some of his buddies would cooperate with me!!!

IMAG1292nn.jpg

IMAG1291ggggg.jpg

IMAG1308hh.jpg

IMAG1307h.jpg

Where are you taking these? Roughly? The small one to the right in the second picture looks like he hasn't eaten in a month.. Is their Ag around there?

This guy is a resident of my best friend's dairy farm. There is no "deer food" here other than the alfalfa, clover and corn that's grown for the cows. Ain't no soybeans for miles. In these pics they're feeding on the new clover that's coming up in a hayfield...

Last year he was a beautiful, symmetrical 8-pt, I don't know what went wrong this year? He must have suffered an injury to that side early in the growing cycle. I would really love to see this guy get another year on him...for being only a 3 year old he is a bruiser!!!

Same deer in 2011:

IMAG0050ff.jpg