A sad day for New York hunters

noodle one

I already told you who it is about, all of those gun hunters that you don't care about with your selfishness. And you still don't know how, where or what I hunt, nice try. I like idea of freedom to choose, leave it up to the hunter and try to educate hunters how to age a deer instead of craming it down every ones throats. I don't expect your narrow minded veiws to change.

Dont tell me you are one of those guys that would rather cut their sac off than to say you diidnt kill a buck last year, And then have a dozen excuses as to why you shot that little crotch horn hangin in the tree,With someone elses tag on it. Dont whine to me because the laws came down that i agree with. When they get rid of 3 months worth of deer season in the north then i will be real happy. North should be set up just like the tier!

Dont tell me you are one of those guys that would rather cut their sac off than to say you diidnt kill a buck last year, And then have a dozen excuses as to why you shot that little crotch horn hangin in the tree,With someone elses tag on it. Dont whine to me because the laws came down that i agree with. When they get rid of 3 months worth of deer season in the north then i will be real happy. North should be set up just like the tier!

I don't think you are making any sense here? Don't worry about what we kill and we won't worry about what you kill provided its legal.

Oh wait you are still sensitive over the time I called you out over improperly filling tags with your buddies that's right. Funny you accuse others of what you are guilty of.

I don't think you are making any sense here? Don't worry about what we kill and we won't worry about what you kill provided its legal.

Oh wait you are still sensitive over the time I called you out over improperly filling tags with your buddies that's right. Funny you accuse others of what you are guilty of.

Good try!! I would think you had better game than that. Its kinda hard to call someone out that admits to something first. You see thats where the problem lies. I know what kind of bucks i hang my tags on each year and they would make any AR law anywhere in the country. You on the other hand cant say that, Hence you have such a problem with AR...Oh you say its not about you, Your speaking for all that dont have their own voice. Boy you will be in a world of hurt if AR goes statewide huh?

OK. but if I am in my tree stand bow hunting and I can take a doe that dresses out at 125 or the 125 dressed out 7 point in teh picture above....they both come wandering in at the same time. I am shooting the doe. My choice but there isn't a benefit to do it the other way. There is a benefit to letting the buck get bigger if nothing other than the amount of meat it has on it and the larger horns. There may also be a benefit in harvesting the number of does the DEC thinks they need to take out of the herd.....(if you can believe them on the 'need')I know it is my choice and even the guys in AR areas would have to make that choice since that is a legal AR buck.

The doe or the small 7? What would you do?

The doe - if I am free to choose.

Would let the 7 walk even if there was no doe.

But if they make AR mandatory in 7J, I may take to shooting the 1.5 6 and 8's (that I now choose to pass) just because.

Boy you will be in a world of hurt if AR goes statewide huh?

Personally I will probably start shooting a lot more bucks.

Instead of passing the several 1.5 6's and 8's I do every year, I'll start shooting a couple because

the AR supporters say it's good management for everyone in the state.

And now a word from our sponsor...Ronco Industries

Now you can buy 20 acres in Mexico with a salt lick for only $19.99. Yes that's $19.99, plus shipping and handling.

Call 1-800-RONCO.

Order in the next ten minutes and we'll double your order to 40 acres and a mule, just pay separate shipping and handling

Now we return to our regularly scheduled programming, Ultimate Cage Fighting

Disclaimer: Residents of Nevada must ask themselves why they still vote for Harry Reid, he's senile. All mules are certified to be live when shipped, some settling may occur during transport. Residents of West Virginia must ask temselves whether to call their mother Mom or Sis.

• Like 3

I'm proposing a slot limit structure that will work both ways and should keep everyone happy....

A minimum of 3pts. on one side for the recreational meat hunters, and a maximum 4pts. on one side for the true trophy hunters! B)

I see your slot limit and raise you an extra tag that will cost you $25 to shoot anything under a 3 point per side and $40 trophy tax if you want anything over 130. You got to pay to play. :biggrin:

Edited by erussell
  • Like 1

I'm proposing a slot limit structure that will work both ways and should keep everyone happy....

A minimum of 3pts. on one side for the recreational meat hunters, and a maximum 4pts. on one side for the true trophy hunters! B)

oh just great now I would have to make yet another decision sitting up in the stand whether I want to be a meat hunter or a trophy hunter that day lol.

You mean I can't kill a 1 1/2 year old buck and I may have to drive a little bit to be able to fill my DMP's, Archery either sex tag, muzzleloader either sex tag etc. My world is falling apart!!

With our long seasons and liberal bag limits if you can't fill your freezer and enjoy the hunting experience you may want to take up golf!

• Like 1

Scot, if you have that ability physically and financially that is great. There are many that can't bow hunt. don't ML hunt and may not have the disposable income to travel to get to a doe permit area. we just ignore them and their hunting? I am not advocatiing changing things to make it easier on anyone....but we shouldnt be changing and making it harder on hunters to participate.

The doe - if I am free to choose.

Would let the 7 walk even if there was no doe.

But if they make AR mandatory in 7J, I may take to shooting the 1.5 6 and 8's (that I now choose to pass) just because.

You might not get the chance to shoot the 6's in 7J... the proposal for AR in region 7 and most of central and western NY WMUs is for a spread restriction instead of a point restriction... I guess they get that the 3 on a side rule wouldn't protect enough yearlings in this region... just some info to ponder.

Scot, if you have that ability physically and financially that is great. There are many that can't bow hunt. don't ML hunt and may not have the disposable income to travel to get to a doe permit area. we just ignore them and their hunting? I am not advocatiing changing things to make it easier on anyone....but we shouldnt be changing and making it harder on hunters to participate.

I'm not sure that anyone is "trying" to make things harder for any hunter... unfortunately there will always be a certain small percentage of the hunting population that for what ever reason will have their own limitations on when, where and how they can hunt... but it is a small percentage, and rules and regs will always favor the the majority... right or wrong... that has always been the way... we have to admit that over the last 40 years hunting opportunities ( available tags and season length) have gotten better not worse... guys younger than us complain about things today, but you and I and many others know how it was years ago with shorter seasons and 1 buck tag with limited "party" permits for antlerless deer... I for one haave nothing to complain about as far as opportunity. Most limitations are imposed by the hunters personal choices and situation than anything the DEC has done.

I see your slot limit and raise you an extra tag that will cost you $25 to shoot anything under a 3 point per side and $40 trophy tax if you want anything over 130. You got to pay to play. :biggrin:

I never get how some of you scream UNFAIR when you are faced with a management decision that affects you personally... but are okay with imposing your own unfair idea to remedy the problem... you get to do what you want and others get punished... just for shits and giggles.. tell me how your plan benefits the deer

Hopefully, the hunter's who don't keep on top of the latest regulation changes and don't voice their opinions will wake up and start voicing their opinions and maybe we can swing things back to get rid of the antler restrictions. The people who are on top of things and are vocal are usually heard, which is why antler restrictions were implemented, most hunters have no interest other than when hunting season rolls around. This is in no way a dig at the folks who pushed for restrictions, they are involved year round and pushed for what they wanted and got it...lesson learned. I can say for fact, that the majority of hunter's I know did not get involved and sat back and hoped for the best.

That kind of says it all doesn't it. You people don'y like the way things are going? Those last couple of sentences might give you a clue as to how to fix it. That goes for just about any hunting issue.