2012 Bow Hunting Harvest Thread

burmjohn

Yeah 7j state land. 4h. She looks small in the pic bit she was 92 pounds dressed. Good eats.

Awesome, another public land primitive kill...good skills! Looked like a tasty one...nothing better than fresh venison in October (I know my dogs agree).

I grilled my first nice sized chunk of backstrap last night on the first fireplace fire of the season...mixed hardwood with some apple tree in there...real good eats.

Back to butcherin..gonna try to get back out with the bow one morning and one evening before I head back to PA for ML (Antlerless only) on Saturday.

Edited by 7J Everyday

Shot this doe today in 7H after a long staredown. 10 yards. I usually won't take a quartering to shot but she turned while I was at full draw and wasn't budging. I reasoned that if I could put the arrow where I did I should hit plenty of vitals. It's actually the same spot a mattador stabs the bull to kill him. Can't argue the results. She went a total of 55 yards from the shot. Bet you can't guess what broadhead I was using...

post-50-0-25138000-1349727075_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-08053800-1349727088_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-04897100-1349727106_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-26791400-1349727123_thumb.jpg

i got my doe opening day and didnt get back until late at night so my wife dropped it off to the butcher for me tuesday i just picked it up ive been pumped all week to make a fresh venison stew well i open the bags no stew meat and the worlds smallest back strap and she was a could sized doe. i doe have 24 lbs of ground venison and steaks and stuff but dam i want a stew guess ill have to work hard on that buck tag and take it to a different butcher she took it to my least favorite butcher.

Got into the stand an hour before light on Saturday morning. It was cool and a little breezy. At 7am I had a nice 6pt come behind me with a doe. He was about 50yds out in some thick stuff so there was no shot at him and I wouldn't have shot him anyways because i knew I had better deer on the property. At 7:30 a doe came in, she kept looking over her shoulder and ended up taking off. hmmmm... wonder why she did that I asked myself?? I found out about 2 minutes later when an 8 pointer shoowed himself at 45yds. Nice 8pt out to his ears so I slowly picked up my bow and got ready for the deer to come in under 40yds and present a broadside shot. As I was getting ready I noticed he kept looking over his shoulder. That question was answered about 30 seconds later also when the deer that I have been hunting steped out in front of him!!!! Nice 8pt that I have trailcam pics of and really wanted to shoot. I named him "BLADE" becasue of the left side of his rack. I put the rangefinder on him and he was at 37yds broadside. I drew back and let one fly! The deer ran to the middle of the field and just stood there. I thought to myself did I really just miss the deer that I have been dying to shoot? NOPE not when I saw the hole that the rage two blade put through him! Suddenly his legs got really wobbly and he could barely walk. He stumbled into the headrow and died. He wlked a total of about 40yds from start to finish. I was super excited and so happy that I shot this deer! Biggest buck with the bow for me!!! YES!!!

PA060257.jpg

PA060250.jpg

PA060254.jpg

MDGC0020.jpg

• Like 1

i got my doe opening day and didnt get back until late at night so my wife dropped it off to the butcher for me tuesday i just picked it up ive been pumped all week to make a fresh venison stew well i open the bags no stew meat and the worlds smallest back strap and she was a could sized doe. i doe have 24 lbs of ground venison and steaks and stuff but dam i want a stew guess ill have to work hard on that buck tag and take it to a different butcher she took it to my least favorite butcher.

Sounds like a lot of wasted meat that he just flew over the deer taking off the easy big chunks. I reccomend going somewhere else

• Like 1