Anyone have friends that are anti-hunters

fasteddie

I have  friends that have a very large apple orchard on Stoney Lonesome Road in Williamson . They won't let anyone hunt the property and there are treestands just off the property lines . I tried to tell the wife that they aren't protecting the deer as they are being shot when they cross the line . One neighbor asked my friend if he could go back with his ATV to pick up his deer as it was easier to go through the orchard than the woods .

The husband told me I could put up trail cam's to take pics of the deer . I told him , "why would I want to tease myself and take pics of deer I can't shoot ? Imagine a big 10 pointer on the trailcam ! "

Do they sell those apples?  I know of someone who was like that untill the deer herd started desimating there crop.  Then all of the sudden they wanted the deer dead.  Amazing double standard.

Yes , they sell the apples . A farmer sub-contracts the crop from them and has them picked . There are so many Fruit farms around that the deer don't devastate the crop but they are there .

Even though they are anti-hunters , they are still close friends . Folks don't have to agree with everything I believe in to be friends !  ::)

Yeah, there is a difference in attitudes that make my reactions to them different. I do know a lot of people that simply don't care to participate in hunting themselves, strictly because their interests don't run in those directions. They are simply "non hunters" and probably make up the majority of the public. And then there are those flaming, in-your-face, people that will do everything to be-rate and belittle the activity and anyone who participates in it. And of course they generally use their most obnoxious ways of expressing themselves. I've encountered them, but can honestly say that none of them are considered as friends.

Doc

My wife is an anti-hunter. Gets interesting in the house during hunting season. My 3.5 yo daughter sits and watches hunting shows and screams "dad thats a huge deer". I have hope for her.

So I assume that if you want venison cooked in your house, you probably have to do it yourself?  :-\

Doc

My anti hunter friends would eat venison . But , they won't get any of mine .

I have given venison to other friends in our church group and I told my anti-hunter friends I would give them some venison off the 1st deer I shot on their property ! ')'>alt=Laughinghttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/newrollinglaugh.gif[/img]...')'>alt=Laughinghttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/newrollinglaugh.gif[/img]..')'>alt=Laughinghttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/newrollinglaugh.gif[/img].

My wife is an anti-hunter. Gets interesting in the house during hunting season. My 3.5 yo daughter sits and watches hunting shows and screams "dad thats a huge deer". I have hope for her.

As long as my girls don't see me butchering it they will eat it, god forbid I have a bunny on chopping block when the wife gets home !

So I assume that if you want venison cooked in your house, you probably have to do it yourself?  :-\

Doc

I do most of the cooking in the house. I'm a trained (monkey) chef. My wife is an amazing baker. 

As long as my girls don't see me butchering it they will eat it, god forbid I have a bunny on chopping block when the wife gets home !

Sounds like my home. My wife supports my hunting. Bought me a hoyt katera for my B-day few years ago. But do not let her see any dead animals she'll puke.

I have freinds that are non hunters...they are freinds. I have people I know that are ANTI hunting. I have so little in common with them in terms of hunting right through to values and politics., they will never be my friends. I think it goes to the true definition of an anti hunter. they would IMPOSE their view on no hunting on others where a a non hunters chooses to not participate. It really boils down to values and I feel the Anti's have none.

So readers digest version---I have no freinds that are anti- hunting.

I have freinds that are non hunters...they are freinds. I have people I know that are ANTI hunting. I have so little in common with them in terms of hunting right through to values and politics., they will never be my friends. I think it goes to the true definition of an anti hunter. they would IMPOSE their view on no hunting on others where a a non hunters chooses to not participate. It really boils down to values and I feel the Anti's have none.

You could be missing out on some good people. Anti-hunters are not ALL PETA pushers. You choose who you are friends are. Life has taught me to keep an open mind. Now for values, what kind of anti's do you know? :)

Well Karp- by definition the Anti's are actively against regardless  the topic. The values I spoke of are are tolerence and such. I don't like brussel sprouts...am I anti brussle sprouts. ...no...I am a non eater of brussel sprouts. If I were ANTI brussel sprouts I would not want any one to be able to eat them and would be lobbying to have the species of plant done away with so no on could ever develope a taste for them (is that even possible?...lol not sure)

The Antis carry this feeling that they know best and if they don't want something NO ONE should be able to do it. That is a character flaw in my book and flows over into other aspects of their lives. I veiw them as intolerent, spoiled and catered to individuals. It was probably a function of their dad missing out on several opportunities to put his size 12 on their arse.

So in closing before I get off my soap box. I have nothing in common with those folks. If by chance I did find a shred of common ground it would only be a matter of time before they chose something else dear to me to be Anti towards...flavor of the week type of people

My 2 cents....that ans $2  will get me a cup of coffee...after all opinions are like...nevermind :)

Yeah, I think it is a good idea to make the distinction between anti-hunters and non-hunters. I have no particular use for anti-hunters. Their minds are made up, and they are the more aggressive, militant style, of in-your-face people. Non hunters simply don't hunt. They don't want to for any number of legitimate reasons and they are not on any social campaigns to rid the world of the practice of hunting. I can live with that. Not only that, but occasionally there is a chance of winning over a convert. That is not a possibility with the anti-hunters.