Are we ready?

nyslowhand

Stands are up.

Lanes cleared.

Firewood at camp, pit it ready. ( so is the dutch oven )

Camo washed in cold water with a little baking soda.

Also ordering some new camo to try.

A few more camping supplies to pick up after payday.

I am functional at work but can't go 10 minutes without thinking about being up in a stand, or getting up before sunrise for perkulated fresh orgasmic coffee, going through & packing gear, gathering thoughts by the fire.. Man, frack yeah I got vacation time comming up and I'll be ready.  8)

Oh yeah and NZ here too, 12 days to go.  ;)

Im just about ready, gonna go get the blind up and finish trimming lanes this weekend. I need a bit of practice on my bow yet, and I want to try shooting out of my popup blind this year. The weather sure is feeling good and the bucks are out of velvet. Beans are yellowing up and leaves are starting to really change. Theres a maple tree on my way to work thats almost completely not green.

I am for my shooting skill as I shoot almost every day, id make up 4 ground linds on our land, and have shoot my 3D course of 32 targets every other day at unmarked distance. The bow are tuned, arrows made up and shot at BH target. My 308 Remington is sighted in with a new 3 to 9 power scope.

I also have washed all the hunt togs, air dried, fesh pin in pastic totes and the togs packed in them. Now all I need is for a big buck to walk by...

cant wait either! i have to hang 2 stands which im doing alittle later then id like but its ok... other then that had the trail cams going for 2 months and also been doing my own recon so i know whats running around. i am amped!

bow is shooting great as well, things seem to be pretty lined up going into this season, come Oct 1st, its on!

Stands are ready, gear is ready, honey-do list is done till after christmas, been shooting the new Mathew's Monster

all spring and summer (wore a whisker bisquit out) so my shooting is all set. The deer are moving as predicted & my vacation has been approved for all next week.  6 days of nothing but bowhunting starting Monday the 27th.

Gosh, I hope I don't sound too gruesome! :-X  The grim reaper. But I have killed a lot of deer.

It's just that I really try for the quickest kill and shortest blood trail that I can create and I am getting better at it.

Back in the old days when I made my own arrows with gobbler fletch from the spring before, cedar shafts and hand sharpened heads...those were the days.

I used to fuss over the arrows for untold hours. Now, where's the time go? I just am into tuning and sharpening my heads.

A scary sharp head can make up for a less than optimal hit.