Would you register all your guns?

HELL NO...and I don't care who is watching

Amen to that! I spent 14 years in the military to defend the Constitution-not let the government dump on it. After all, if the government wanted all gun owners to jump off a bridge, would someone do that to? How much do you cherish your rights?!

I would have no issue with registering them. In fact, if you bought a gun thru a gun shop within the last couple of decades they already ARE registered. Yeah, I know the story where some will say that background checks are NOT registration, but that is pretty much BS. The IRS could even find out who owns what. Heck, they have the right to audit any tax paying business, so how hard would it be for them to look thru gun dealers invoices where name of purchaser is on it along with the make and serial number of the gun sold? It's elementary accounting really. Of course this is something that the paranoid type would never realize by themselves, so they keep thinking that a true registration system is the beginning of the end for them. Just shows how dumb some people can be.

• Like 2

It’s my civic duty to obey the government and register my firearms if asked, but unfortunately my canoe overturned this pasted Tuesday night and all my guns sank to the bottom of river. I don’t own any weapon any longer...

Learned this one from my Canadian friends a decade or so ago

• Like 1

I live in the city of New York....all my guns are already registered so I guess it won't bother me none. They don't need to take them away from me by force. All they have to do is make them illegal and I'll turn them in.

Yes, I'm a very pro-guns but there are a few things I enjoy more than guns not the least of which are getting married, having children, being there for them, and watching them grow up. I don't see it as being a coward but rather being selfless and a realist. I unfortunately have so many family that depends on me that if I have to give up my guns so I can continue to be there for them then that is what I must do.

Bottom line is the true fight is to keeping gun ownership legal. Registered or not does not make that much of an impact.

• Like 1

I think this is a 2 sided discussion and both are pertinent to talk about.

A) Would registering your guns one time with serial numbers with the state or fed gov't protect the gun owner if the guns were stolen or used in a crime?

B) Would this in turn, over time, contribute to a major decrease in killings by thugs and criminals who obtain the guns illegally?

I would not be against it because I actually intend to take pics of each gun I own with a 3x5 card listing the model and serial number for my homeowners insurance in case of theft. Also for proof to police that I did indeed own those guns and have been reported stolen in the event of their use in a murder.

I also feel that each time a gun is purchased from an individual, the purchaser would pay a nominal fee, say $10 for the transfer thru a dealer. Pain in the ass... a little bit for sure. But you have to do this with handguns now any way.

I feel that if this were to be implemented that, over time, it very well Could have an effect on reducing the number of senseless killings that go on in this country every day. Like I said elsewhere, even the sound minded individual who goes wacko because his wife left him for another man or a similar situation can never be foreseen or prevented.

But if we could make a major decrease, over time, in the reckless acts of drive by shootings and house shootings, like where the 2 yo child was killed in his grammas arms when thugs shot through the front door of a house in Atlanta I'm all for it.

I'm all in favor of trying to stop the day by day senseless acts of murder on people all over this country and if a well thought out plan that included registering my guns would help... I'm all for it.

• Like 3

I live in the city of New York....all my guns are already registered so I guess it won't bother me none. They don't need to take them away from me by force. All they have to do is make them illegal and I'll turn them in.

Yes, I'm a very pro-guns but there are a few things I enjoy more than guns not the least of which are getting married, having children, being there for them, and watching them grow up. I don't see it as being a coward but rather being selfless and a realist. I unfortunately have so many family that depends on me that if I have to give up my guns so I can continue to be there for them then that is what I must do.

Bottom line is the true fight is to keeping gun ownership legal. Registered or not does not make that much of an impact.

I am certainly glad you didn't live back in the 1700's Elmo. We would be drinking tea instead of coffee...lol

• Like 1

The original question was should all firearms be registered or not? I took it as what would you do if you're required to register all your firearms, what would you do? I am not the only one who misinterpreted the question it seems.

Going back to the original question then, I have no problem with registering my firearms. It has not prevented me from obtaining any firearms that I want legally. It is the fact that certain firearms are considered illegal which has prevented me from purchasing some firearms. If they made those guns legal so as long as I registered them, I would not have a problem with that.

Having your guns registered can be beneficial. I.e. theft, etc. The down side to it (besides the minor administrative hassle) is that "big brother is watching" and "they can take my guns away". Which again, I find to be unfound because again the real blow is when they make all guns illegal; not forcing them to be registed.

guns or no guns. If someone wants someon dead ....they will be dead. The wacko in the movie theater could have just as easliy made a bomb and the death toll would have been higher. He built them in his house. You can't stop it. you won't decrease it. Some of the areas with the tightest gun controls have the highest incidents of shootings.

If we have a stomach for it just kill everyone that uses a gun in a crime. don't pass go dont collect $200. guilty.....grounds for appeal...no? Then here is the straps for the chair. no need to even fire a shot in the crime. you hold up a store and use a gun. you die. Quit freaking around with these people

Having your guns registered can be beneficial. I.e. theft, etc. The down side to it (besides the minor administrative hassle) is that "big brother is watching" and "they can take my guns away". Which again, I find to be unfound because again the real blow is when they make all guns illegal; not forcing them to be registed.

Elmo they can tax the guns right out of your hands and don't have to make them illegal. Think that is far fetched? Look at some of the NYS pistol permit areas that require a pretty hefty fee to renew them. How about Illinois passing the $.05 a round tax?

Funny how when we are talking guns it is acceptable to throw on a small tax but if we require a few bucks for a one time ID to be used for voter identification of proof of citizenship...that is an undue hardship on the poor.

• Like 2