Mountain Lion in NY

AaronBlaine

Fishers have been well documented, same with moose, etc. Sorry, but with ALL of the trailcams out there, someone would have come up with definitive proof by now. Every single time someone comes up with a pic, its proved to be fake or misidentification.

Yes in the north woods ,but not in the southern teir

Not a fisher or a lion of any kind but my tenant 9 yrs ago called to say there was a kangaroo on the backyard fence.

All i could say was take a picture and how much have you been drinking. Think she claimed to see something else a few yrs ago but i think then she was on meds lol

Concerning the DEC denying that there were no coyotes in NY...

I have a hunting reg booklet from about 1950 or a few years prior..I'd have to dig it out to be sure..

It contains regs regarding hunting coyotes in NY..

Must be the DEC people who were quoted to say there are no coyotes in NY were quoted prior to 1950..

Then, of course there are those reports of black stealth helicopters lowering cargo nets full of wriggling coyotes to reduce deer populations, funded by insurance companies...

Friend had a dead one floating in his pond two years ago when the ice melted. This was in Schoharie Cty, it wasn't an adult. Called DEC, they blew it off that it was an escaped pet someone had. It was real, I saw the pics, whether it was wild or pet is debatable.

Where are the pics?

Fisher? I have one living on my hill and has been here for the past couple of years. I didn't now what he was when I saw him the first time. I looked him up on line and discovered he was a fisher. Looks like a great big mink. He seem to just float over the ground, logs, and in and out of blowdowns, keeping pretty busy. I saw him for the first time this season the others day and was glad he was still around. Interesting thing by the way is that on my way of the hill last week, I had to stop dead in my tracks when I heard a noise that sounded like the grunts of a wild boar. It was the same sound you hear on that "hogger show" and it freaked me out a little. I never saw what made the noise but then while reading these posts on this site I saw one where it said a fisher makes a grunting noise. Makes sense to me when I add up the pieces. Anyway, yup, at least one fisher running around. I can't help in the mountain lion or moose department though.