For those re-loaders that use Gander Mountain (In Henrietta)

Doc

I just stopped into Gander Mountain in Henrietta to pick up some .270 brass ....I should have known better .... lol.

I stopped at the gun counter to ask where the re-loading supplies were located and he pointed to a short aisle behind me. As I turned around to start looking for brass, he said they were not going to stock anymore re-loading components and equipment once they sold out what they had (which wasn't much). I really don't buy much from them anymore because of the very problem that one by one, they have dropped everything I ever wanted to buy from them, and I told him so. I also mentioned that if they continue dropping items, they might as well just close the doors. It really isn't that much farther for me to go to the Auburn Bass-Pro shop, where I have always found what I wanted. I told him that too. I won't be going there again ..... and this time I mean it .... lol.

I really do wish Gander would close their doors and allow the possibility that someone serious about selling outdoor products might move in.

But anyway, I thought I should mention that anyone heading to the Henrietta Gander Mountain for reloading supplies should be aware that they don't have much, and will be out of that stuff forever shortly. By the way there are no sales on what they have left.

Better to just go to beikirchs instead or mail-order your stuff.

Gander sucks, period.

I hate having to buy from them sometimes.

Check out Beikirchs in East Rochester. It's a bit tough to find some times, but much better prices, and the guys there know pretty much about everything that they sell. And they carry a huge inventory.

That reminds me , I still have a $50 gift certificate for Beikirchs . Hans bought the place from Beikirch and Hans bought a house out here in Ontario .

Anyway , they have decent prices and I purchase all my powder there . It's not that far off the X-way either . As I recall , Skillet works near there .

Gander Mt is pricey and Dick's beats them for ammo prices but Dicks doesn't have reloading components . Gander will honor most of the Dicks coupons but if you have a $49.99 item , they won't give you the $10 off . It has to be $50 or more .

That reminds me , I still have a $50 gift certificate for Beikirchs . Hans bought the place from Beikirch and Hans bought a house out here in Ontario .

Anyway , they have decent prices and I purchase all my powder there . It's not that far off the X-way either . As I recall , Skillet works near there .

Gander Mt is pricey and Dick's beats them for ammo prices but Dicks doesn't have reloading components . Gander will honor most of the Dicks coupons but if you have a $49.99 item , they won't give you the $10 off . It has to be $50 or more .

Several members work around Beikirchs, lol.

Edited by phade

Deep 6 Gander Goose Dung and bring in Sportsmans Warehouse.I have only been to a couple SW and they were pretty darn nice.

I'm VERY fortunate that I have the Buffalo Gun Center close. If they don't have it, I'd be damned surprised. Their reloading selection is terrific. Bullets, powder, primers and tools for everything.

Mind boggling the new guns in stock, handguns and long guns. And optics? You wouldn't believe it!

Gander in Utica is even worse, stopped carrying any reloading supplies years ago and since they had a small fire they reduced there hunting supplies 60% and placed all the firearms behind the counter. I hate the remolded store and shop any other place i can. Buy all my powder from a local gun shop which is better to do anyway

Powder.....

I noticed that Midway has a special $27.50 HazMat charge for powder and primers plus an additional $9.99 shipping charge. That sure makes local buying of powder and primers a lot more competitive. I do use Midway a lot for other reloading components and equipment.

Been buying from Beikirchs for well over 20 years.One guy on my crew bought a glock w/ 3 high cap mags and night sites yesterday under glocks first responder program. hats off to glock as well for this program .

Beikirchs has the best prices and workers, and if you wear a uniform to work they really work with you on prices.

thanks !

Well I'm not a muzzleloader hunter but I would think that all the stuff you guys need for your muzzleloaders is pretty much the same as reloading supplies. Where do you guys get your "stuff" for your muzzleloaders?

Mostly apples and oranges. Some modern Inlines use 209 shotgun primers., rifles and pistols are totally differnt from them. powder is totally different. cases is pretty self explanitory and most muzzleloaders shoot 50 cal or a 45 caliber saboted round and there really isn't much of a call for those sizes in rifle and pistol reloading. Gander, Dicks, walmart and even the reloading supply stores like talked about above carry stuff to Muzzleoader hunt.

Just buy a cheap pack of gum to get it over the mark.