Lets screw NY state right in the wallet...

Thanks steve! but heres the problem with that, nys cooks the books. when you apply for you previously paid for license they count that. a supersportsman w/ bow is 6 licenes. that entitles them to more of the federal money that comes from the taxes you pay on guns ammo, fishing gear and some hunting equipment. in order to make a true statement you must forgo your license. Hunt in another state. its the same idea as if you get treated poorly at mcdonalds you go to burger king. we have been treated poorly in ny go to pa, ohio, vermont, anywhere else. good excuse to tell the wife youre going to texas this year!

No one said don't buy a hunting/fishing lic and then stop hunting & fishing ? With this sweeping new gun law, many gun owners in NY are now criminals guilty of a misdermeanor or a felony anyway. If you were caught hunting without a lic., big deal, would that be worst than owning more than 10 firearms, or a 10 round clip ? I don't think so. Plus if you think Lord Cuomo is finished with the gun issue, you better wake up. Like CA., all detachable magazines are next.

This is why NY gun owners are screwed, only a few will stand up, the rest are sheep. 80-100 million gun owners in the USA, and 4 million NRA members defending the 2nd Amendment. NY was the only colony that never cast a vote on independence, they abstained, and never purged the loyalists from the state. The Empire state, how true, but it's more like the British Empire.

Unfortunately I have a lifetime lic., but I'll never buy a archery, trapping, or muzzleloader lic. in NY again.

Christ defeated the Roman Empire & Ghandi defeated the British Empire, with mass civil disobedience.

You really want to screw them dont register your guns and dont turn in your mags. When the dead line comes and they have a 1/4 of what they expected to get. Talk about a failed law. Then you can put whatever you want on the gun, a bayonet, front grip, light rail, make it look as mean as possible. Its already an illegally owned gun.

Guys, i know im alittle nuts at times but i am really looking at this like a war. In a war innocents will be hurt, there will be collateral damage, small motel owners, gas station owners, diners, gunshops etc, etc. You see our lawmakers count on us not doing anything to fight this by keeping us fat and happy to a certain degree with many other creature comforts that we are oh so fearfull of losing. In technical terms i beleive its called becoming a pussy. Oh i dont wanna have to give up havin my pizza n ice cream because they are making me register my guns, dats really not wuyth it. Man you gotta break a few ggs to make an omlette.

America has been made FAT and Comfortable, All im talking about here is giving up one single hunting season to create turmoil in this state that no Liberal Gun Hating politician could ever imagine.

Ironically, that's the problem. Exactly who do you vote for? They all (includes Dems, and Repubs), tell you what you want to hear, and then they get voted in. As soon as they're in there, though, it's like a Jekyll & Hyde deal. The Republicans clearly stabbed us in the back on the gun deal.

I actually agree with Sits on this one. It doesn't so much have to be the license buying, but the taxes on goods would definitely be a hit to the economy.

Don't be using party lines to decide. You have a perfectly good litmus test right here with this bill. You can look up who voted for what and party lines be damned ...... vote the creeps that voted for this law out!

Also, don't adopt the same attitudes that the anti-gunners do. They say that because there are some illegal use of firearms, we should take it out on innocent gun owners that have nothing to do with the evil deeds. Well, taking it out on the DEC and other un-associated innocent people is the same mentality. It's the politicians that did this to us, and it is the politicians that should feel the wrath of the voting gun owners. No need for others to suffer for the screwing the politicians handed us.

Guys, i know im alittle nuts at times but i am really looking at this like a war. In a war innocents will be hurt, there will be collateral damage, small motel owners, gas station owners, diners, gunshops etc, etc. You see our lawmakers count on us not doing anything to fight this by keeping us fat and happy to a certain degree with many other creature comforts that we are oh so fearfull of losing. In technical terms i beleive its called becoming a pussy. Oh i dont wanna have to give up havin my pizza n ice cream because they are making me register my guns, dats really not wuyth it. Man you gotta break a few ggs to make an omlette.

America has been made FAT and Comfortable, All im talking about here is giving up one single hunting season to create turmoil in this state that no Liberal Gun Hating politician could ever imagine.

and a war it would be if it had happened in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, etc. Whether we like it or not, O'Reily made some good points last night. Let the states make their own laws, but the federal government should stay out of it. We happen to live in a state that is not pro-gun and will never be. We are a big minority. As Americans we have the right to still have certain firearms should we decide to move. I don't like this option as my family is rooted very deep in this state, but it does allow an American the freedom of choice on where they decide to live depending on their beliefs. This can be expanded to gay marriage, marijuana use etc.

I'm not advocating we lay down and take it, but we have to face the reality of where we live. Most of us are upstate new yorkers and decisions regarding legislation/taxes etc are largely made with the cities best interest in mind and not ours.

Don't be using party lines to decide. You have a perfectly good litmus test right here with this bill. You can look up who voted for what and party lines be damned ...... vote the creeps that voted for this law out!

Also, don't adopt the same attitudes that the anti-gunners do. They say that because there are some illegal use of firearms, we should take it out on innocent gun owners that have nothing to do with the evil deeds. Well, taking it out on the DEC and other un-associated innocent people is the same mentality. It's the politicians that did this to us, and it is the politicians that should feel the wrath of the voting gun owners. No need for others to suffer for the screwing the politicians handed us.

the apathy of 'it dose not effect me so why should i care' is the problem. dec as innocent? they are the direct link between us the gun owner/hunter and our elected officials. can YOU get a sit down with cuomo? no you cant, but joe martens sure can partcularlly when he has to go to cuomo for more money to run his dept. the buisness that wouldnt get its november bump will start asking why. and thats what we need, people not directlly effected asking questions, getting involved, and understanding that what effects me effects not just me. its all about the money and unless we as a group start showing how much money it really is none of the politicions will listen or really even care.

Your dreaming if you think folks are not going to buy a fishing or hunting license,

Don't be silly.

We need to do something NOW.

You can tell the politicians that:

They are making society's problem OUR problem. They are forcing us to sacrifice without any other involvement. Were is OUR say on dysfunctional families, the education system,movie ratings, video games, paint ball, football, basketball, music, pop culture, fashion and drug use? If they can pool us in the ills of society, they can give us decision making involvment about it.

Boycotting Lotto would also be the same WNYBH....even though they say it goes to schools......ya ...small compared to what they siphon off...but the counties and towns would just increase property taxes to cover losses...then never lower them....Same ole same ole process of getting bent over....

the apathy of 'it dose not effect me so why should i care' is the problem. dec as innocent? they are the direct link between us the gun owner/hunter and our elected officials. can YOU get a sit down with cuomo? no you cant, but joe martens sure can partcularlly when he has to go to cuomo for more money to run his dept. the buisness that wouldnt get its november bump will start asking why. and thats what we need, people not directlly effected asking questions, getting involved, and understanding that what effects me effects not just me. its all about the money and unless we as a group start showing how much money it really is none of the politicions will listen or really even care.

If you believe that we cannot operate as a unit in our voting reaction to having our representatives working to destroy our 2nd amendment rights, What on earth makes you think for one minute that we can unite over a hunting license ban? The purpose of the vote is to give people a way to react to such injustices. If we can't work within a system that is specifically set up for such retaliation, where are we going to get the where-with-all to organize action against the DEC who by the way had absolutely nothing to do with this law. And by the way, the DEC is not any kind of direct link between the gun owner and elected officials. What you are forgetting is that it wasn't all elected officials that voted for this law. It wasn't the DEC that voted for this law. It wasn't the wildlife management programs that you are willing to sacrifice that were involved in this law. And actions to punish the DEC for a gun law is a bit of cutting off your nose to spite your face. And I sincerely believe that you would never get a significant number of hunters to actually do that .... and for good reason. It is specific legislators who supported and voted for this law, and it is those specific legislators that should pay the price, nobody else.

And remember all those downstate hunters that come and spend money in the upstate communities. That would be lost..............

Thats the point . Shut down hunting for a year millions lost.Small business suffer they complain to the state, state losses millions all around. It'll never happen, though, so no sweat.

Me 4 year max then Texas and that was before they invited NY gun owners to move down.....

the deer hunting is weird, I did talk to one guy,$3,600 a year to join his hunting club, nice lodges walk in coolers guys on site to cut and wrap."Hunt" in shorts out of a shooting house, pick out your monster buck like lobsters at a restarant .

If you believe that we cannot operate as a unit in our voting reaction to having our representatives working to destroy our 2nd amendment rights, What on earth makes you think for one minute that we can unite over a hunting license ban? The purpose of the vote is to give people a way to react to such injustices. If we can't work within a system that is specifically set up for such retaliation, where are we going to get the where-with-all to organize action against the DEC who by the way had absolutely nothing to do with this law. And by the way, the DEC is not any kind of direct link between the gun owner and elected officials. What you are forgetting is that it wasn't all elected officials that voted for this law. It wasn't the DEC that voted for this law. It wasn't the wildlife management programs that you are willing to sacrifice that were involved in this law. And actions to punish the DEC for a gun law is a bit of cutting off your nose to spite your face. And I sincerely believe that you would never get a significant number of hunters to actually do that .... and for good reason. It is specific legislators who supported and voted for this law, and it is those specific legislators that should pay the price, nobody else.

doc, i understand the fact that we, as a group, have worked hard, to develop hunting and fishing resources that have never been seen ever in the history of new york. our deer, grouse, turkey, pheasant, walleye, trout ect., our healthier and more abundant than ever before. and yes the dec has organized the growth in most if not all of these areas. but what to do? My senator, Tom libus, and rep donna lapardo,(who is a very libral democrate) voted no. and yet even though i voted properly and reps voted properly, i (we) have been handed this bad law. so how do you change the mind of those who voted for the yes reps. you can argue from now til the end of time and you will get nowhere. they present ideology, you present facts and they refuse to see it. these people use the same resources we pay to develop, clean, and protect. they kayak, bird watch, hike the trails through the very same state land and waterways that we pay to protect, yet they have no problem voting for people who will take the equipment we use to enjoy the same lands. the target is not the dec it the money trail. the dec happens to be the government agent caught in the middle a role they oftain play in ny (look at gas drilling). an individual voice will not be heard, but as a group this is what we have. in todays society money is king over values and rights, to have someone listen you need to pay or stop paying to have people listen. we already pay, its time to stop paying for a moment to have a voice.