Buying Ammo will put you on a list???

With Benito Cuomos new law you will be required to do a criminal background check when you purchase ammo. Heres the tricky part. You go out and purchase say 12ga slugs for hunting and they do the background check now its in a NY state police database that you own a 12ga shotgun. You buy .308 ammo you are now known to be the proud owner of a .308 caliber weapon.

So even if you do not have any guns that fall under the "need to register" catagory part of this law such as ARs or AKs, any gun your buying ammo for will now in fact be registered when you purchase ammo making it all that much easier for the state police to come to your home with a list of what they expect to confiscate....Ole Freuhrer Cuomo is quite the shrewdie aint he...and so much for you hunter types who kicked back and said, ahhh the new law wont affect me, i aint got none O them AKs or ARs anyways...im safe..

Edited by sits in trees

I'll be buying in Maine. My parents live there and i won't buy any ammo in ny. Also have been considering buying reloading equipment. If I were to buy a pistol or rifle or assault rifle in another state how does that work? I know they ask for your drivers license and that stuff but can you still buy them?

Can people ship you ammo from out of state??? I have a sister in law that lives in Texas. I was thinking about hitting her up. Figured I would send her a money order, plus a few bucks for her time and effort, & have her send me some.

PA will get a lot of NY business. Including mine.

me too

good buddy of m ine already offered to have me ship ammo( hard to get locally, atelast for decent price) to his home in VA, and he'll bring it up on his bimonthly trips, pains in the ass? yep.....................

thinking of doing the same w buddies in PA

N.Y. will lose many dollars in ammo sales once the backround checks take affect. I will never buy ammo in the state after that, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. We can only hope this makes it into the courts.

you and me think alike!!! although i can PROMISE i NEVER will but shotgun ammo in NY

I'll be buying in Maine. My parents live there and i won't buy any ammo in ny. Also have been considering buying reloading equipment. If I were to buy a pistol or rifle or assault rifle in another state how does that work? I know they ask for your drivers license and that stuff but can you still buy them?

Good idea!!! i already have the stuff.... now i have to find any powder in the whole state (dont seem like there is any).........................

i think the only reason our Gov wants to go after these so called assault style weapons which are used in less than 2% of gun crimes is #1 they have something planned and they know we wont like it. #2 they know this countries economy is going to fall causing major long term shortages of things like food, fuel etc. I really dont believe it has anything to do with them being concerened about keeping us safe, its more about keeping them safe..

• Like 1

i think the only reason our Gov wants to go after these so called assault style weapons which are used in less than 2% of gun crimes is #1 they have something planned and they know we wont like it. #2 they know this countries economy is going to fall causing major long term shortages of things like food, fuel etc. I really dont believe it has anything to do with them being concerened about keeping us safe, its more about keeping them safe..

It absolutely has nothing to do with keeping us safe but they have to say it is (lie) in order to hide their real reasons. They make up their own facts and statistics, they interpret the 2nd amendment the way they want to and are never questioned by the media. Anyone with half a brain can see that they have an agenda.

Total gun elimination, for the law abiding citizen is their goal. Any other way of thought is under estimating the fact. Just chiseling away, a little at a time. I still cannot understand how a minority can have such a big say in gun control. Someone please explain this to me.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

why do I care?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I mean no offense brother but if I were a burglar and I knew you owned a few nice semi-autos and a couple rare pistols or what not and your neighbor only had a 100 dollar shotgun I know what house I would be hitting when your both at work.

Just like that list they put on the net of pistol owners, not to long after that they started having problems with people on that list getting robbed.

Just my thoughts on why I personally don't like the world knowing what I own.