Here we go again! Powder this time!

Kinda saw this one coming . Whats next before you know it you will need to get a nics check for gas for your cars . Anything over 50 gallons . Just saying thats how far this is gonna go

Seems like every time a tragedy occurs, some dirt bag, self serving politician wants to be the first to exploit it for his own political gain. First it was little King Andy with the school shooting and now its this low life. Should there be a required background check for all bomb components? Crock pots, back packs, ball bearings, nails, wiring ????? 

Posted Today, 10:25 AM

Gotta get your grill propane tank filled? 15 minute background check! Need to put a flame to your cigarette or cigar? 15 minute background check! Need to breathe oxygen? 15 minute background check!

And a $10.00 users tax!

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I hope my comment yesterday on the Boston Marathon explosion thread didn't give anyone an idea ("Heaven help us if it turns out that gun powder was the propellant for the bombs". ..... lol.

Well anyway, in case that hasn't alredy been hoarded into oblivion, it's time for all the greedy guys to buy up all powder in sight! What do you say guys shall we screw each other out of powder too?

Seems like every time a tragedy occurs, some dirt bag, self serving politician wants to be the first to exploit it for his own political gain. First it was little King Andy with the school shooting and now its this low life. Should there be a required background check for all bomb components? Crock pots, back packs, ball bearings, nails, wiring ????? 

I'm beginning to think there should be a very thorough background check on all politicians. Also an in-depth psychological profile for politicians in order to ascertain which ones have that "dictator syndrome". It sounds like a lot of these creeps are intent on empowering government (and themselves) and subordinating all citizens to their absolutist powers.

Gasoline, diesel, alcohol and fertilizer all make much better explosives than black powder and are much easier to buy in quantity that powder. Smokeless powder isnt actually "explosive" (but i wouldnt expect them to actually realize that) and would require much more to get the same force as the other three i listed.

They talk about common sense legislation but anything they even think about coming up with has no basis in real life or facts, it just annoys a portion of the population so they can say "oooo look what i did" in November 

As I understand it, the typical propellant in a amateur pipe bomb is gun powder. And guess what.... if they can conjure up an excuse to heavily regulate gunpowder they will also get the benefit of throwing yet another chunk of harrassment toward gun owners. It's kind of a "two-fer" for these creeps.

I still haven't heard what the muscle was behind these pressure cooker bombs was.

I hope my comment yesterday on the Boston Marathon explosion thread didn't give anyone an idea ("Heaven help us if it turns out that gun powder was the propellant for the bombs". ..... lol.

Well anyway, in case that hasn't alredy been hoarded into oblivion, it's time for all the greedy guys to buy up all powder in sight! What do you say guys shall we screw each other out of powder too?

Its been a while since youve been able to find much, especially powders for 223, and other popular loads.

So, what exactly are gun stores selling? It sounds like they could open the doors for a half hour each week until they sell out whatever ammo they happen to receive and then go back home. This has to be affecting their gun sales also. Who wants to buy a gun that they can't get ammo for?

So, what exactly are gun stores selling? It sounds like they could open the doors for a half hour each week until they sell out whatever ammo they happen to receive and then go back home. This has to be affecting their gun sales also. Who wants to buy a gun that they can't get ammo for?

Its getting bad. The local Gander Mtn. keeps a little bit of pistol ammo (9mm, 40cal 45) in the back room for that very reason. People come in to look at pistols but then say "Im not going to buy it if I cant get ammo for it" So Gander will throw in a box or two at a slight discount if the person buys the handgun.