Deer Carts?

Cabin Fever

You can navigate it over logs , but not stone walls . As long as the deer's secured on the cart , steep hills are do-able. It helps if your young , in shape and a non smoker.

Thanks. Yea, I never bought one because of all the stone walls I have to cross when dragging deer. Probably easier just sticking with a drag rope or by hand.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

cart is great...you do not mess up the hide, its so much easier than dragging even if u come to a wall just pick the deer up over the wall and out it back on the cart.  And if there are walls u can go around them with the cart its easy u can go a few hundred yds out of your way around a wall and still take half the time and a quarter of the energy.  last year i forgot my cart and had to drag a big ol doe up a hill that normally takes me 10 min with the cart and i was there for like an hour or more just using the brute force method.  Id honestly walk 100 yds to get the cart for a 30 yd drag if i had to, its just so nice and easy.

only good for relatively flat terrain. I bought the cheaper steel kind from gandermountain. I want to say $50? the aluminum is more but if you're decently strong it doesn't matter. Only issue I ever have is my neighbors 4-wheel/buggy trail that we use. The wheels on my cart are just the right size so that they don't fit in the ruts and they're too wide to fit between. very annoying haha.

I strap the deer right to the rack on the back of the wheeler. And if there is two deer, I tie a collar around its neck and tie the other end to the wheeler and they slide nice on the snow and leaves :P they always slide on their side so leaves stay out of the field dressed area. It sounds and looks barbaric but it works and I quite frankly don't care as it is effective.

We use one of cabelas heavy duty deer carts on our annual trip to Letchworth sp. It works great .except for the hills that you cannot walk up ..lol.4 of us hunt together .we have strapped 2 larger deer to a cart and wheeled them out. 2 people pulling ,one pushing ,and one carrying all the weapons. The back person just lifts up the back when you come to obstacles that you cannot roll over.