Dirt Bags

Honest hunter

Sorry but I gotta vent! Been hunting LI seriously for about five years. I hunt on a piece of wet land that requires a permit which I have. I have had good luck seeing deer and plenty of bucks. I used to fish like a mad man but got real addicted to this bow hunting game! Long story short, go in to check my two stands and hunt and both are stolen. I really don't understand how people can do these things, and most likely the dirt bags who did it live I the area and bait and drive around at night shooting big bucks from the back of their trucks. What is it with these fools, seems like a lot of hunters are just down right criminals to me. Sorry for the rant but this really pissed me off!

Sorry but I gotta vent! Been hunting LI seriously for about five years. I hunt on a piece of wet land that requires a permit which I have. I have had good luck seeing deer and plenty of bucks. I used to fish like a mad man but got real addicted to this bow hunting game! Long story short, go in to check my two stands and hunt and both are stolen. I really don't understand how people can do these things, and most likely the dirt bags who did it live I the area and bait and drive around at night shooting big bucks from the back of their trucks. What is it with these fools, seems like a lot of hunters are just down right criminals to me. Sorry for the rant but this really pissed me off!

Unfortunately, we even have quite a few of those on here that advocate criminal activity on here, so I can just imagine the type of hunters "out there". Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

What has happened in the past 20-30 years ? Camera and stands being stolen in the woods . Years ago you could leave the keys in the car with the windows down and it was safe . You were able to leave the garage door open with no worry about theft . Now , even if things are locked up , they aren't safe !

• Like 1

Had a stand stolen a few years back. Literally put it up on a wednesday, hunted it friday. Took a friend to hunt it on sunday...it was gone. Private property and about 100 yards from the house. Ridiculous. Albeit it was a home made stand but the idiots dragged it thru the woods and put it up on their property about 200 yards away. They left the expensive straps...strange because they were worth more than the stand! Cops enjoyed watching these guys squirm as they clearly stated it wasnt them...but the cops also followed the drag marks made by this heavy stand. Its just starting to get out of hand and at somepoint itll get worse.

What has happened in the past 20-30 years ? Camera and stands being stolen in the woods . Years ago you could leave the keys in the car with the windows down and it was safe . You were able to leave the garage door open with no worry about theft . Now , even if things are locked up , they aren't safe !

That is becasue in the "old" days. you could lay a case of Whoop a$$ on someone you caught. Or the dirtbags would have gotten straightened out by there parents growing up and they knew respect and right from wrong. Not today. I am sure these scum had something happen to them in their lives and the blame for how they act is squarely on that incident or the people that talked to them the wrong way when they were young. Hell growing up I expected an ass whooping from my friends parents if I screwed up and was positive there would be one waiting for me at home on top of it. There is no respect and fear anymore. No consequences for actions.

If you found out who stole these they would get nothing but a slap on the wrist so where is the down side for them. They may be using them but could just as easily it might not be a hunter, just someone selling them for 50 cents on the dollar to make a few bucks.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, we even have quite a few of those on here that advocate criminal activity on here, so I can just imagine the type of hunters "out there". Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

haha.

on a separate note, are you sure you're allowed to hang stands there? Some places do not allow permanent and the rangers will take them down.

I'm telling you guys...rubber feet for the bottom of stand legs...rubber pad between tree and the stand at top...and wires running from a 12volt to the stand hidden at base of tree in a water proof box and covered in brush...ZAP!...they'd think twice before doing it again....

• Like 1

Hey Honest Hunter, I'm a fellow LI fishermen (surfcaster actually)who gives up the fall fishing for hunting. A bunch of years ago I had a whole bunch of this type of Sh#t happen to me. It pissed me off so bad I quit bowhunting the island for 2 seasons, and just fished. After the 2 years I missed bowhunting more than I can tell you. So I came back to it, but with a new atitude. Sadly, i expect some of this BS to happen from season to season, so when it occurs it rolls off me a little easier.

This morning I was hunting county land and had dirt bikes buzz by a few times. Tuesday morning, county land and you still have these stupid issues.

Anyway, Good luck to you. I hope you make up for it by shooting your best buck this year.