These animals are tough!!!

josephmrtn

Well guys tonite i got one :) 6:30pm 20 yrds quartering away... THUNK! however when i first shot because of the way he ran (holding his one leg and not putting weight on it) off i thought i must have shot right under him and hit his leg... i was kinda pissed and called a few ppl and got some advice... i waited about 15 min and then got down and looked for my arrow... it took me another 15 min to find it... the broadhead was destroyed (i had heard a good solid bone hit when i shot, im thinking its opposite side shoulder) and there was a good amount of blood on the arrow... i trailed for approx 100 yrds (HEAVY BLOOD) and then lost it... i called a buddy and he came and together we trailed it another 80 to 100 yrds and lost the trail again... im 100% sure the deer is dead right in that area (like within 25 yrds) but we quit for the night a few min ago... im gonna go out and look at first light...

Im sure i did a good shot cause we were finding bright red foamy blood and as far as i know legs dont bleed foamy blood only lungs do :) hopefully i can post some kill pics early tommorow ;)

the thing that messes me up a bit is im leaving for PA at 9:30 tommorow morn so i need to go out as soon as it gets light that way i have plenty of time to get him...

Oh BTW it was a nice 6pt

• Like 3

Sounds like a single lung hit that also took out the opposite front leg. I have a bad feeling about this deer not being found.

Good luck, and hope you find it before your trip.

I personally wouldn't have shot it knowing I can't dedicate enough time to search for it.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Im with u shawn.....I shot a nice buck two yrs ago. Had to have clipped the top of one lung. Had spotty blood for 200yrds then nothing. Got him on t cam a week later. Deff tough animals. Joe good luck in the am. Keep an eye out for him back tracking too.

• Like 1

Nice Joe! Get back out at first light and do your best to find him. I think you hit lung but also caught the opposite leg. You can be out there early tomorrow and just concentrate on finding the deer and not 9:30. If you start at 6:30-7 that gives you almost two and a half hours. Plenty of time my friend. Good luck!

Edited by First-light

yeah, you have no idea if it's down or not. Hope you find it. good luck

Im with u shawn.....I shot a nice buck two yrs ago. Had to have clipped the top of one lung. Had spotty blood for 200yrds then nothing. Got him on t cam a week later. Deff tough animals. Joe good luck in the am. Keep an eye out for him back tracking too.

Well well well..................... Score is Deer 1, me 0, these animals are FAR tougher than i give them credit for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went out to start trailing and found him standing in the edge of the field approx 100 yrds from where we lost the trail last night... i got within 50 yrds of him and am 100% sure its the same deer.... all i can say is he is gonna be impossible to kill next yr cause he is gonna be so smart :)

anything cut with a razorblade is going to leave a lot of blood before it stops bleeding........anyone who has ever given themselves a pretty good cut with a knife or razor can attest to this......these cuts are not life threatening, but if you walked 100-200 yards before you put any type of dressing, you too would leave a pretty good bloodtrail...........

Did he look injured? You may get another shot at him this year.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

he didnt seem to have much trouble walking if thats what you mean

If i woulda had my bow he woulda prob been dead this morn!

anything cut with a razorblade is going to leave a lot of blood before it stops bleeding........anyone who has ever given themselves a pretty good cut with a knife or razor can attest to this......these cuts are not life threatening, but if you walked 100-200 yards before you put any type of dressing, you too would leave a pretty good bloodtrail...........

Thats for sure!!!!!!!!! and im pretty sure that happened