Facemask or facepaint?

TeeBugg

Face paint! I cant stand a mask pushing down on my nose and breathing into it and it gets all wet. Or if its cold and I have to wipe my nose. Always fiddling around with it. I love face paint. Just Paint from the top of the eyes to the beard. Hat covers the rest. Maybe even throw a little in the beard Lol.

I use a turtle neck, which I can pull up to just below my nose and pull my hat down to my eyes,  Nice little opening without losing anything.  And when need be I just pop my head up and out like a real turtle.  Works out pretty good.

• Like 1

If you aren't a fan of masks (I'm not for reasons already stated) you don't have to buy anything.  All you really need is something to take the shine off and break up  the lines of your face.  Burnt cork, charcoal, just plain dirt. Pretty much anything that "dulls" the face and breaks up the outline and you're good to go.

I like my facemask.  Been using one for over 10 years now.  It will definately keep you warmer and in the stand longer when its cold and blowing.  I have one made by Field & Stream that I got from Dick's.  It has a tight fit and is reversable.  Black on one side for the ground blind and camo for the tree stand.  A face mask does take some getting used to.  If it gets hot I just drop the bottom half of the face hole below my nose.