You've Gotta Be Kidding

Doc

I'm sitting here listening to the wind just roaring out there. What the heck ..... is this bow season going to blow right through  to the end? That's ridiculous. Unfortunately I haven't really practiced shooting deer that were tumbling along, being blown across the ground. And you poor guys in the treestands, I hope you have practiced up shooting your bow one-handed. You'll be hugging your tree with the other. Sounds like a good day to get out and clean out my ground stand for Saturday.

It's been a windy one indeed. I hunted right through the windy days. A record number of ground hunts,  logged in this year.  With safety as my number one concern, I would have miss some great encounters not being there. The risks run higher wind hunting, but the rewards far outweigh, if used wisely.  Be safe and enjoy the rest of your season!

Was a peaceful and calm sit for me this AM. Wasn't windy at all, but the swirling was aggravating.I think the wind went every direction except for the way it was predicted. Heard lots of commotion just out of sight, but no deer spotted. Just a lone grouse and some tree rats. Hanging the bow up til' I get my gun tags filled.

It was windy but not bad this morning...I'm sitting here listening to the dog snore and all curled up in a cozy tight ball..I hear the wind howling and it's getting real difficult picturing myself getting geared up and going back out....I think I'm admitting defeat...ma nature can put her finger down now.... :( 

It was windy but not bad this morning...I'm sitting here listening to the dog snore and all curled up in a cozy tight ball..I hear the wind howling and it's getting real difficult picturing myself getting geared up and going back out....I think I'm admitting defeat...ma nature can put her finger down now.... :(

Never admit defeat!

• Like 1

The last time I tried to tough-it-out in high winds, there was crap falling down all around me from the trees. And on my way home, there was a huge tree down across the trail that I walked in on. I would rather spend my time watching for deer than looking up for heavy falling debris ... lol.

me too...they weren't finished this a.m. but when I went back out..yes...did go...they completed the big field and the narrow 1/2 mile strip directly behind me was still up....and yes...it was the standing corn messing up my hunts...had a big doe with 4 fawns come over the ridge through gully right to me and stop...10 yrds...I gave a pass...hoping for a buck...then 2 other fawns arrived from the same area...and I add, usual path...that was it for afternoon...but at least they are changing back to old patterns...that was fast!...so I have just one more day to try

• Like 1