A Little Bit of Venison

Doc

Oh Jeez, you guys sound like those 300 lbs professional football players who are crying and suing that they have been bullied by coaches and other players.  I guess political correctness and the never say anything bad or negative mentality has crept into the hunting world too.  

Has nothing to do with political correctness and never say anything bad, it has to do with your distorted views on who is or isn't a hunter based on how they hunt or what they do with their deer after the fact.

I don't get bullied... Period...

I'm simply looking at it from the flip side of your beliefs in something I do not fit in but see other angles of things aside from my own and yours. You sound like the guy at work always crying about what others are or not doing work wise. Lol it's starting to make sense now.

Oh you are very wrong!  I have worked in the same place for 20 years, and year after year the boss tells me that I am the lowest maintenance employee in the joint.  I do my job and that's pretty much it.  When I do have a comment to make, though, they listen, because they know what I say has more than a little truth and thinking behind it.  Had a milestone birthday just a couple of months ago and they gave me a $500 Cabelas gift card.  Now is that a nice gift or what from a boss who doesn't care much at all for hunting?  What did you get lately??

Hunting to me is a pastime that requires a little spent energy, in some cases more than just a little.  If you guys want to make it a lazy mans game, as simple as watching sports on your Lay-Z-Boy chairs, go right ahead.  I fully realize that people will do whatever they want, no matter what I or anyone else says.  Just don't expect me and many others to bow down to you, though, for your decision.  We definitely are not obligated to do that.  

Oh you are very wrong! I have worked in the same place for 20 years, and year after year the boss tells me that I am the lowest maintenance employee in the joint. I do my job and that's pretty much it. When I do have a comment to make, though, they listen, because they know what I say has more than a little truth and thinking behind it. Had a milestone birthday just a couple of months ago and they gave me a $500 Cabelas gift card. Now is that a nice gift or what from a boss who doesn't care much at all for hunting? What did you get lately??

Hunting to me is a pastime that requires a little spent energy, in some cases more than just a little. If you guys want to make it a lazy mans game, as simple as watching sports on your Lay-Z-Boy chairs, go right ahead. I fully realize that people will do whatever they want, no matter what I or anyone else says. Just don't expect me and many others to bow down to you, though, for your decision. We definitely are not obligated to do that.

Soft spot for a work complainer...

Bow down to what decision? I'm happy for the hunter I've become and I strive to be better each year. I walk almost a half mile in and another out in every spot I hunt except one, I butcher my own deer and pass more point blank 80-100" deer every season then most see in years of hunting. I don't fall into your outlook a d could careless if I did. Like I stated I was seeing the otherside to your view, that's all.

Now stop complaining about others at work. The co-workers are getting pissed at you.

And how would you know what I see and shoot? Not all of us grab a phone for hero shot's and run to the net the second we shoot one or see one you know.

As far as passing judgment and being negative? PAALLLEEAASSEE Yes Im so negative I offer to help strangers and give away gear to those who are just starting out,,ya thats negative.

The simple fact is a bunch of guys are thin skinned and don't want to ever do any actual work involved in hunting, and when made fun of get all bent out of shape. Well boohoo cry me river guys.

Of course it is negative. Why you give away old used gear to someone just starting out. If you were a real hunter you would get them new equipment so there would no doubt of equipment failure. Just can't stomach the though of the wounded deer out there from the bad equipment you give away.

Of course it is negative. Why you give away old used gear to someone just starting out. If you were a real hunter you would get them new equipment so there would no doubt of equipment failure. Just can't stomach the though of the wounded deer out there from the bad equipment you give away.

RIIIGGGHHHTTT

There is never a long line of responses from any of you guys here when someone is looking for stuff to get going. Selfish perhaps?

Oh you are very wrong!  I have worked in the same place for 20 years, and year after year the boss tells me that I am the lowest maintenance employee in the joint.  I do my job and that's pretty much it.  When I do have a comment to make, though, they listen, because they know what I say has more than a little truth and thinking behind it.  Had a milestone birthday just a couple of months ago and they gave me a $500 Cabelas gift card.  Now is that a nice gift or what from a boss who doesn't care much at all for hunting?  What did you get lately??

Hunting to me is a pastime that requires a little spent energy, in some cases more than just a little.  If you guys want to make it a lazy mans game, as simple as watching sports on your Lay-Z-Boy chairs, go right ahead.  I fully realize that people will do whatever they want, no matter what I or anyone else says.  Just don't expect me and many others to bow down to you, though, for your decision.  We definitely are not obligated to do that.  

It's to bad that you do not command that same respect here and never will with your comments.  No one has asked anyone to bow down to anyone other then you with your constant bashing on how people hunt. 

• Like 2

Maybe lol

Share some love then, $500 gift card? If you were as nice as you claim you can send me a gift here n there...

I know he wont tell you so I will, last year he sent up a very large box of stuff for my kids that he received through his work. It was a real nice thing to do, he knew what my wife had been through and were going through the last couple of years and wanted to help.

Never cut up a deer could not car less to learn. I have hunted out of tents in 6 degree temps. and wadded through deep snow all day up and down mountains. I have also killed them 75 yards from parking lots here in Webster listening to kids playing outside and lawn mowers. So if I drag a deer off the mountain ,which takes the better part of a day, but have it processed I'm a wimp, but the one that I kill 75 yards from my car In the burbs as long as I cut it up myself I'm a skilled manly hunter? To funny.

$70 bucks,sorry it's not a lot to me. Visited the kids a few nights back went out to eat,basically burgers,wraps and so on couple beers. With tip $100 for the 4of us.

I did not cut up the cow either....

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 2

Well you can read into it what ever way you want I guess. If the shoe fits, make sure it has pretty laces.

Always, I prefer Allen Edmonds though so the laces are always first class.They come with kinda pinkish storage /travel bags!

post-253-0-55520700-1384967063_thumb.jpg

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1