Good Pair of boots for under a 100?

Vince1

so I was on stand and was rather comfortable till my toes froze, not bad. but it was only about 20, since im may be going out on Thursday and its supposed to get down to like 28 or something I thought it might be smart to get a better pair of boots.

i currently wear a pair of rubber boots that are supposed to be good down to 20 below but that's crap, had to put a pair of hand warmers in my boots to warm em up.

any suggestions? don't wana spend that but i guess that's my xmas gift.

Go buy some toe warmers , good for 6 plus hours and if you can find some you may want to pick up some foot liner socks to wear next to your skin than wool street socks if have them and stick the toe warms to thoses and them heavy wool socks. With that set up your rubber boots should work  for you.. A good heavy wool sock if you can find is (smartsock) Good luck and good hunting.

Wasn't sure if you're wearing regular tube socks or wool socks.  Sock liner plus wool socks are key.  I also browse the clearance rack and got a pair North Face boots for around $50 and they serve me well.  For days when the snow builds up over a foot thick, I go with my Mucks but Mucks are not under $100.

Just a quick browse and you'll find some decent sales going on at this time of the year.

Example:

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Itasca-Mens-Specter-600g-9-Hunting-Boot&i=692716

But regardless, wool socks are a must.

Most people just put a pair of ( what ever socks ) on then ther boots and walk to the spot they are going to post or there tree stand, now there feet are sweated up with wet socks. inside of boot that do not breathe. Socck liners with any type of socks walking in, then change the socks to a pair of good quality wool socks.Dry socks warm feet.

yup change my socks when I got on stand. learned that lesson first time out. luckily I picked up a tip on you tube to put my water bottle in socks to keep em warm.

don't have wool socks have some poly blend moisture wicking socks. will see if I can pick up some sock liners before I head out.

I technically paid $18 out of pocket for my Muck Arctic Sport from LL Bean and just got them delivered yesterday. With the sale they just ran, and the points collected in my Discover, it was a no brainer. Even got a $10 GC for my next purchase, so it came out to be $8 for a $155 boot.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I bought a pair of the high rubber ones from field and stream (1000gr) for 100$. I like em alot actually... Keeps me warm in the high teens low 20 with one pair of socks on. Nice and water proof. I didn't think it was going to be as good as they turned out to be since a guy tried to talk me out of them when he saw me holding them. I couldn't afford more at the time and was in a pinch to get something ASAP. But I like them a lot.

• Like 1

I purchased a pair of boots from Walmart for around 40 to 50 bucks. They were warm but they kept hurting my ankles. So my wife bought me a cheap pair of Muck boots. They were a little more than a 100. I have heard of Muck boots being good boots, never would have thought that they were as good as people said...I was wrong,these boots are like putting tennis shoes on. They are by far the best boots I have worn. I wish I would have bought a pair when I lived down south.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Check out Ranger.I bought a pair of calf high rubber with removable foam liners at the feed store for knocking about my parents farm for $39.99. I took my niece out hunting one morning and didn't have my Mucks with me so I wore the Rangers. It was 22 degress and about 4 inches of snowpack. Those $40 boots kept me warm and toasty all day. Much warmer than my Mucks would have because it had 7mm foam liner that was very comfortable and trapped a lot of warm air. I wouldn't recommend them for days where you plan on doing a lot of walking.

https://www.rangerboots.com/Pages/Category.aspx?cat=HLS-RANGER&category=OutDoor%20Comfort%20Series%20for%20Men

As i am aware that there may be some crap given for this choice but check out Guide Gear brand from the sportsmans guide. You can find light weight, middel weight, and boots as much as 2400gr from them all for under $100. Believe it or not, these boots are not bad for the money. Right now i won a pair of 800gr and have more than satisfied with them. and in the spring i am going to order a pair of the 2400gr for colder weather.

The BEST thing about this brand and the company is that they give you a lifetime warranty. I have sent my boots back after 6months becasue i did not liek the way they fit, i ordered a size to narrow. called them, they told me to send them bcak and asked me what i wanted in replacement.....NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I go tturned on to them from my father as he has only been using guide gear for years. You can send their products back to them, at anytime, for any reason, and within a week, you have a brand new pair, no questions asked. after 2 years, i doscovered the hard way that my boots have a pin hole in them. i called them up, told them, they told me that after i was done with the season, if it could wait, to send them in and they'll send out a new pair.

their boots are warm, dry, and i honestly can tell you they are my go to shoe whether i am hunting or even running to the store

Bass pro has boots on sale right now for good prices.  I picked up 2 pairs of Redhead expedition boots with 1000g insulation for 59.97 2 weeks ago.  I got one pair at home the other is backordered but they seem very warm and well made and for the price cant beat it.  All hunting gear will be going on sale now and in the upcoming weeks just keep your eyes peeled.  I have been going on to cabelas, bass pro, sportsmansguide and dicks websites daily and find great deals every day. 

thanks for all the help, went with Guide Gear® 2,000 gram WATERPROOF, 11 1/2" Side - zip Boots

cost me 90 bucks with shipping.

was the most insulation I could get with the amount of cash I had. there were a few that were suggested that I would like to get but with less insulation.

though I don't think these will be good for stalking around, for treestanding they should be fine.

will look into some thing else when the season is over if the wife lets me blow some more cash :) if I get a deer im good, if not mmmmaaaybe not

• Like 1

I took a trip to Cabela's at the end of August. I had been wearing my snowmobile boots that are supost to be good till 40 below when the hunting season got cold. My feet would freeze. ( never a problem snowmobiling)

I purchased a pair of boots at Cabela's I believe they are Cabela's brand for $89 bucks with 2000 grams of insulate. I was thinking of purchasing a pair of thermo cells while I was there as well because I am sick of my feet freezing. I am glad I didn't because my feet have been great with those 2000 gram insulate all year.