Ticks on your harvest

the blur

I see way more ticks on deer in the 9x area than I do on deer I take around my home, in 7F.

This year, in 9x, we took 4 deer and they were crawling with them. I found about 5 on me, because we hung the deer to close to the front door to the camp. Theres not much you can do, just keep checking yourself and hang deer well away from you.

Never have seen a tick on my deer, keds yes lots of them.. most people think keds are ticks..they aren't . Learn to tell the difference! Deer lice known as keds are usually in the leg/shoulder areas.but can be anywhere.6 legs instead of 8.

G is correct.  I forgot the critters crawling on my critters aren't ticks, but "keds".

I Googled "deer keds" and up comes a picture of a deer wearing sneakers.   Honest........................... :O

I helped a buddy drag out his deer this year... we didn't notice any ticks on the deer... yet shortly after in the truck I had one crawling on my hand... same with a doe I killed a few days ago...been more the last few years than I've ever seen... during the early part of bow season I find them on me daily... ugly little SOB's

I've actually got permethrin but haven't used it yet.  I've noticed ticks on necks of deer I've taken.  this year wasn't bad.  I usually find a couple on me a season.  it's really important to check yourself every evening when you come back inside.  take a show and check good.  finding a tick within several hours helps a ton.

• 1 month later...